Trev's Official Rebuild Thread

Chat about anything and everything.
ike849

Just seeing if you have had anymore issues/updates with the conversion....

I would like to see how you ended up doing the top mounts.... :D :D
Trevor

Nothing happening as yet, Top mounts I made was only temporary, just got to do a bit off cleaning in workshop,then I will be doing the conversion again with a second engine I have,only with all the mods,injection etc so stay tuned.The first one I did in my daily driver has done a couple thousand k's with no problems.Love that extra gear
jeff

Howdy Trev, just interested in how you hooked up the heater hoses to the heater valve ( pics would be nice ) Cheers
Trevor

Sorry for late reply, very busy
The straight hose is fairly obvious, the othe connects to the inlet manifold underneath
jackzorox

so im wanting to do this conversion to my mighty boy. there was an injected version of the g10a right?

also. i know for sure i couldnt do alot of it myself. how hard were the mounts to modify?
88 Mightyboy - F8b stock
87 MR2 - 4AGE

Go Rabbitohs etc. woo.
Trevor

Not hard for me, all boils done to what equipment you have at hand really and the time you have. I have lots of gear but time was short so my conversion is still a little ruff. I plan do re-do my conversion, but first I want to get my twin cam turbo 550 going, so I can make a decision which engine I like the best. All that said,I have nearly finished my temp spray booth so the Mb projects will restart fairly soon. I'm happy to make more eng mounts for people once I'm happy with my own if people have time to wait.
jackzorox

ok then. that sounds awesome. if i can get a set of mounts then i might just get the engine in and send to a shop to hook it all up then. let us know when your ready for that.
88 Mightyboy - F8b stock
87 MR2 - 4AGE

Go Rabbitohs etc. woo.
shavenyak

Hi all,

I posted a PM to Trevor but he seems to have been absent for a while so I'm not sure if he'll read it..

I just wanted some more info on the difference between the AT/MT subframes. Is the whole lower subframe different, or is it just the engine cradle. (by that i mean the part that unbolts from the pulley side of the engine bay.

thanks!
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/shavenYak/][img]http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7592/suzukicustomka8.jpg[/img][/url]
Brayden

The driver's side engine mount bracket has nothing to do with the subframe, but it is slightly different between F5A and F8B.

The subframe itself is different between AT/MT models on the passenger side rail, which is a different shape with different mounting points. This makes fitting a G10A much easier.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.