Engine Mounts and Steering wheel Movement

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Brokenshire

Just looking to do a little maintenance but need a little help.

I've got a friend at repco who can get the part numbers for the left and right engine mounts but not the one that connects to the firewall.

Anyone know a manufacturer and/or part number?

Also I have alot of movement in the steering wheel. Up and down / left and right.

Anyone know if there's a replaceable bush or bearing there?
Brayden

I haven't been able to find a rear engine mount, however you can actually use an aftermarket lower mount, it just tilts the engine a couple of degrees forward. The other alternative is to hollow out the old rear mount and fill it with urethane. That's what I did.

I also have two spare A/M lower mounts here, brand new. $35ea.

With your steering column, there is a rubber bush in the top. You need to remove the entire combination switch to get to it, and a pair of circlip pliers to get it out. I replaced mine recently, took all of the slackness away. Cost me about $5 from SuziWorld. I might still have the bag with the part number on it.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Brokenshire

If you can check out for the part number for steering thing that'd be great.

As far as the lower mounts, I've been offered them for less and local so I'll stick with them.
Brokenshire

PS I also need the plastic 'nut' that hold the ignition into the dash. Had a search around at the local fasteners but once you get that big the thread size is too large.

Any direction there will be apprciated.
Brayden

Good luck is all I can say for that one! I've broken a few of those myself, always had to pilfer around the shed for a spare.

The only thing I can think of that would be close to that diameter would be a PVC pipe nut (think pool/spa), but it would be the wrong thread pitch by miles. Still, with PVC you can always smooth out the old thread and make a new one by threading it onto a steel thread.
gadj

Brokenshire, I have just emailed my solution to the engine steady replacement/repair problem.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brokenshire

Thanks for that VERY detailed info. I will let you know what way I go.
Tez

If it works.... How's about sharing the knowledge? :-o
Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
gadj

A copy of this info was sent to Brayden some time back, however you are welcome to PM your email & I will send you a copy.
It is simply to large to post on the forum ( I have not looked but it may already be in the guides)
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Tez

Hi Gadj.
PM Sent.
Cheers.
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Brayden

The only file I have is this one:
Gadj's MB engine mount guide.
karlmeredith

hi new to the mighty boys - wont get mine till later this week -but been interested for a long time came across the suzuki parts website
http://www.suzistore.com.au/shopdisplay ... +BOY+SS40T
has steering bushes listed as well as all engine mounts including the top one as well as other parts
hope this helps
Brokenshire

Great Link!! :!: !!

Have been in contact with them and am waiting for a reply.

If anyone on this side of the country needs anything soon, please let me know. Buy in bulk and save and all that.
Brayden

I'd be interested to know where you got the engine mounts from for less than $35 each too!
gadj

Brayden, thanks for the link - it is the same as I have been emailing to those who request.