Bleeding Brakes

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Billie

Hey. Well got all the brakes on. Bleeding them now. A few questions. I drained all the brake fluid out. Now i cant get any to come out the nipples. I know how to bleed brakes btw lol. Is there something i have to do since all the fluid was drained? Also how should i adjust the rear hubs. Like so i can still spin the hub or so i cant? Thanks
Brayden

All the info you need is here:
http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2540

Rear brake shoes should be adjusted so they are just short of scuffing the drums. If they scuff in one spot it means the drums need machining.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Thanks. 3-6 notches backed off. Still dont see why im not getting fluid out of my nipples. lol
Brayden

You need to bleed them in a certain order.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Yeah back left then right front then right back then left front. Furthermost from the brake fluid tank. ( i cant spell resivor )
Karu

That is why unless I have a vacuum pump on hand I do not drain all the fluid. I just ad new fluid and keep pumping until the new fluid comes out of every cylinder. If you have a compressor I recommend a brake fluid vacuum pump; you never have to rely on anyone pumping the brake. Just suck and wait for the air bubbles to disappear.
karlmeredith

best way to bleed brakes is with two people. but on your own start at furthest away from master cylinder (left rear ,right rear, left front, right front) use brake bleed kit (or piece of hose that fits nipple into container with some brake fluid- keep outlet under fluid) fill master and undo nipple pump pedal slowly and about half to three quarter strokes -don't let master run dry- i usually go about 5 pumps per wheel tighten nipple. once all done check pedal -sometimes need to do twice all round
sometime master can get air lock in which case you will need to bleed master -same principle as brakes but needs two people one to pump pedal and one to undo lines on master
i also have had success just undoing nipple and letting fluid run through (best only in emergency)
Billie

Yeah i got my dad to pump the brake. I just have a bit of hose going into a bucket. I don't like the air compressor ones, also they cost money lol. The way i was taught was do furthermost away but go opposite, so left rear then right front then right rear then left front. Problem im having is i have put a whole bottle in, yet none has come out the nipple. Must be filling the cylinders and none is coming out, even took the hub off to see if the cylinders were leaking and no moisture in there. So i guess just keep going until it comes out.
karlmeredith

sounds like the fluid is going out the back of the master cylinder i would advise pulling the master off and seeing if it wet behind. check under the dash for fluid too.
should only take half a bottle to bleed unless they were completely drained but then still would see some fluid after full bottle -its going somewhere
Billie

master cylinder is fine. I completely drained them. Bone dry. Took all lines off. Calipers off. Cylinders off. I guess its just patients. Thanks
Jermaine

leave the nipple on one looes, and pump the peddle a bit maybe
Billie

thats usually how you bleed brakes. Or undo them all. Leave them for awhile, keep topping up brakes fluid if your lazy.
Jermaine

yea it might help
ike849

I find it helps to remove the caliper, pump it until the cylinder moves out a bit, undo the nipple on that caliper and push the cylinder in with your hands....this usually removes trapped air pockets in the caliper....repeat a few times to be sure.

If you have some pedal pressure you can try to leave the car overnight with the pedal forced down with a brick or something. Air bubbles "surface" or join into larger bubbles much easier if placed under pressure....

It is a bit concerning that you have used a bottle of fluid and non has come out the other ends????????

I bought my pressure bleed system for $60....in my opinion they are MUCH better than the vacuum systems as you don't risk any air being introduced in the brake system!!! (vacuum systems allow the potential for air to enter the system via the nipple thread)
Billie

Yeah i don't have any pedal feel. Might replace master cylinder. Might help. ^0 for something i do once every 2 years. I guess just use up all my brake fluid. Only cheap. If none comes out. Then i call the experts haha.