jermaine's turbo build

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
ToranaGuy

Very interesting, thanks for that info Brayden.

What about a water spray on the FMIC? I've seen it on drag car's & wondered if it would do enough to warrant the extra work to fit it up?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Jermaine

u mean water injection?
Brayden

I'm not sure what drag car you would have seen with water sprayers, because that is a huge no-no on drag strips - the scrutineers would have a fit!

Water injection on the other hand is another way to reduce temps and prevent detonation in high-boost applications, but not very common these days.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gazuga

slap a bag of ice on the cooler when your in the pits then take it off just before the race. used to do it at track days, only helped for like 3 or 4 mins then heatsoak turned it into an interwarmer. was a top mount though so front mount would be different..ish
ToranaGuy

honda_mightyboy_rule wrote:u mean water injection?
No, i know what water injection is, my torry had it when i had the 45 DCOE weber on it, but i probably won't need it with the gas research setup. Yes it's turbo, T04.

Brayden - calder street drags a year ago, on a 180 or 200 sx..... At least it appeared to be water spray over the IC. Might have been something else sprayed over it. The scrutineers probably did have a fit if it was water, but i dunno what the rules are for street car's that go to calder for the off street drags.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

For any drag strip the rule is the same - no fluids on the track. Even a little bit of water dropped on the racing surface could be disasterous. In fact I've seen a beautiful R100 written off when it hit a patch of water at half-track, which speared it into the wall at 100kph+
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
cam

im guessing you saw a CO2 cooler kit on the Jap pocket rocket.
The Jap drag cars love them.

ToranaGuy

Your probably right, it was a 180 or 200 sx i seen it on. I'm going to go read up on the stuff!

Cheers

ToranaGuy