Drag Mighty Boy

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
xrs

Anyone know much about the Everett Engineering MB Drag car.

Was wondering how hard it is to take the floor plan off say Alto Works and weld up + roll cage for support :P

But have any of you guys seen many 4wd or rwd mb conversion done?

Pritty sure I've read about a 4wd MB That does hill climbs up here in QLD

Also Colin once said he knew of a guy that did a 12a rwd turbo mb. :twisted:

And was wondering how they may of done this... I dont wont the car for road use atm. so i"m not worred about legal stuff. Just how the 12a fitted with the firewall and the main cross beam members plus the steering rack & sump (would of been hitting the floor?) Any one has some insight would be great :wink:

Thanks guys, Cheers
Chris
Brayden

Not 100% sure on what motor is in that drag MB but I seem to recall it was a Magna V6? There was a Hatch getting around a while back (4SUMFUN) that had a 4cyl turbo motor in it, but that met an ugly demise after kissing a wall during a run down the strip.

The 4WD MightyBoy belongs to a bloke by the name of Warren Collins, and it uses a setup grafted from an Alto Works RS/R with a fully rose jointed rear end. It has been a major engineering deal to get it all in, and the flex in the rear end was causing the suspension mounts to crack.

The other thing I've seen was a burnout MB that was basically a shell put on a cut down frame chassis with an LJ Torana front cross-member with a 302 Windsor motor. This ute was at Summernats a few years ago but I never saw it get off the trailer.

So yeah anything is possible with a balance of money and stupidity. :P

But to get a rotary in there and make it RWD you would definately need a full tube or box frame chassis underneath the ute to stop it from flexing and twisting the body to death.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
gazuga

heard rumours that it was a turbo'd subaru brumby engine in the back of that thing. it got sold a few years back if memory serves me. around the 5k mark
xrs

ahh yeah.. But yeah measing up the 12a turbo, thiers enough room (with the sump hitting the ground :oops: "just run dry sump :P") but would have to Cut big chuck out of the firewall... and am not great at fabricating.

But like you said, tubed underbelly and front end would have to be the way to go :? a little to much $$$ for a cheap (2nd) project car.

Plus the wife would kill me with a cut up mighty boy layin around :twisted:

Prolly better to just stick with the tried and test methods :roll: 8)

So comes to the next question

which subaru 3 cyc engine used a supercharger was it the Subaru Fiori? was it 4 or 3 650cc? was just thinking... F8B with the lil sc off the subie might be a good lil go'a... I'll do a little digging and see what i can come up with...

Thanks again for you advice

Cheers

Chris
Brayden

Chris, Adelaide Jap have some small superchargers on their website starting at $195. Might be a good place to start.

http://www.adelaidejap.com.au/accessories.htm

The Suby you are thinking of is the Subaru Rex. Supercharged twin pot 650cc. Almost impossible to find in Australia.

Whatever you do just bear in mind that you don't need much to get an MB hammering. At 560kg there isn't much weight to move.
xrs

thanks bryden :)

Found an Autospeed Article

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_2147/P_2/article.html

The one I was thinking of is the 4cyc 660cc Vivo 4wd :)

I was reading and thinking that the Nissan MA09 one (AMR500) might be a goer on a F8B. Installed down where the aircon would of been on the engine. Using a small Intercooler to keep things nice... But I'm not to great with carby blow through set-ups...

Would the carby off a Turbo'd Charade be a good choice? Whats Colin using atm? If I got the Charade shoud be able to use its carby hat, which is a bonus :wink:

Anyways am babaling... Let you know how it costs up.

Let us know if you think am going off wrong direction, or if you think am on the right track 8)

Thanks again guys \:D/
xrs

Brayden wrote: Whatever you do just bear in mind that you don't need much to get an MB hammering. At 560kg there isn't much weight to move.
Yeah like most, also thinking TRACTION :P

I currently own a Ford Laser TX3 as an everyday car. Spose it would be worse!

Bah come to that later :P
oti

John Verban (Yahoo Motorsport) has a subaru rex for sale, the 550cc supercharged version, $3000 uncomplied. Apparantly the s/c runs from just above idle.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/jverban/kcar.htm
altoworks.info now being domain squatted... joy.
[url=http://www.altoworks.info][img]http://img261.echo.cx/img261/8177/avatarcopy5jq.jpg[/img][/url]
xrs

Just got this email this morning, pritty fast guys.

Supercharger from Subaru EN07 (Model Number AMR300) $195

Supercharger from Nissan MA09 (Model Number AMR500) $225

Supercharger from Toyota 4A-GZE (Model SC12) $350

Supercharger from Toyota 1G-GZE (Model SC14) $350

Plus about $35.00 Freight.

Going to order AMR500. Looks to be agoer, plus was organly used a a twin charged March, so can also add a turbo later as well :lol:

I'll Keep ya's posted :wink:
Brayden

Colin uses a Charade carby, same as me - it is pretty much the only straight forward option for forced induction. :wink: