suzuki mighty boy brakes front disc

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Husky

To make weight savings you have to look at each individual part. If it doesnt make the car go, stop or steer(race car) then it aint needed. If it is needed then you have to ask yourself how can I make that part lighter?
My years of road racing bikes has taught me alot about shedding weight from my race bikes. :wink: The average person would be amazed how much weight can be reduced when your fair dinkum about it!
When pursuing weight reduction you have to ask yourself 2 questions,
How serious am I about it? and how deep are my pockets?
Last edited by Husky on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
casey

exactly mate well said!!!
if your not first your last CRUSETOWNSVILLE
casey

when was the first mighty boy built wouldnt it be comming on heritage listed like 25 years???
me217

casey wrote:just wondering how much do all your mighty boys weight and the power that some of yours are making anyone done anyquarter mile passes???
i was at the town dump ages ago and got my boy weighed and it came in at .68 of a ton with me and my gf and sound system.
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
Billie

I'll get mine weighed (I weigh 75kg)

Should be in the 700's i think lol.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
me217

Billie wrote:I'll get mine weighed (I weigh 75kg)

Should be in the 700's i think lol.
well back then i was 60kg and my gf is 50 so thats 110 in the both of us. the stereo had 2 12 inch subs but they were cheap so they were light.
me217

1985 suzuki mighty boy : mods, f8b
1990 toyota mr2 gt import : mods, turbo timer, short shifter, 2.5" exhaust
1992 suzuki sierra : mods, g16b mpfi, 235's/75, snorkel & lift on the way.
Brayden

casey wrote:when was the first mighty boy built wouldnt it be comming on heritage listed like 25 years???
85 was the first year. Isn't heritage 30 years in most states? It is in the ACT because I'm hanging for heritage rego to save some money!
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
casey

in queensland i think it could be 25 years bec bro has a corolla 74 and he manages to get that heritage registered! but i could be wrong.
Brayden

74model would be 36 years, so no probs there. Down here the car needs to be 30+ years old, and you need to be a member of a registered club and use a log book. Max kms per year is 3000.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
casey

yeah your right!! could be the same in qld to
holk

25 years in Victoria but there is a proposal to move it to 30 years, with a 5 years progressive implementation (ie if you have a car that is 25 years old next year, you will still qualify for heritage plates).
Currently you can only use heritage plates for club events (and you need to have official documentation whilst driving), the proposal, however is to pay an annual fee that allows you either 45 or 90 days with a logbook that needs to be filled before each trip.
[img]http://www.tamon.org/gallery/d/11796-1/holk3-1.jpg[/img]
v8fazz

Just looking through some old posts.. RE- heritage rego, I know in Qld it has to be 30 years old or more to get the cheap / restricted rego as Ive had a number of cars registered this way over the years. And it doesnt go on the date the model was first released, it goes on the date on your ID plates. So for my recently purchased June 1987 MB I have to wait until June 2017 before I can get it..

In Qld its not called heritage, its called SIV rego - special interest vehicle rego, and you need to be a current financial member of a car club, have the car viewed by a club official, and get a letter from them to take to Qld transport so you can change it over. Obviously there are a number of restrictions that apply to the use of the car but for something thats not driven very often its well worth it. I think last time I re-newed the SIV rego on my 6cyl LC Coupe it was somewhere around $160ish from memory for the 12 months. Anyone who pays the ridiculas Qld rego prices will know how cheap this is! My 5.0 ltr VS Senator only leaves pocket change from $1,000 for 12 months rego!

But on a good note, the Qld SIV scheme is heaps better than some of the other states as you can change and modify the car any way you like, as long as it remains legal and roadworthy, and you can still get SIV. I know in at least a couple of other states they wont want to know you if ANYTHING is changed from how it left the factory, even rims, steering wheel, etc!

On a final note, when on SIV rego you either have to have special SIV number plates that look something like "S-12345" or personalised plated. I prefer to use personalised plated as the SIV plates stand out a mile away. So if you happen to be driving outside of the SIV restrictions for what ever reason, at least with personal plates you blend in just a little easier, and its not obvious to the whole world that your on concessional rego. :wink:

Hope this clears up a few things, well for those in Qld anyway. Cheers.
Dave

P.S- The LC Coupe has the plates "LCV80" - It currently has the original 138ci 6 cyl and 3 speed auto but I have the written off Toyota Soarer sitting there with the 4.0 all alloy quad cam V8 just waiting to be dropped in! One day... :twisted:
Sometimes it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one pretending to be normal..
Dave

v8fazz wrote:Just looking through some old posts.. RE- heritage rego, I know in Qld it has to be 30 years old or more to get the cheap / restricted rego as Ive had a number of cars registered this way over the years. And it doesnt go on the date the model was first released, it goes on the date on your ID plates. So for my recently purchased June 1987 MB I have to wait until June 2017 before I can get it..

In Qld its not called heritage, its called SIV rego - special interest vehicle rego, and you need to be a current financial member of a car club, have the car viewed by a club official, and get a letter from them to take to Qld transport so you can change it over. Obviously there are a number of restrictions that apply to the use of the car but for something thats not driven very often its well worth it. I think last time I re-newed the SIV rego on my 6cyl LC Coupe it was somewhere around $160ish from memory for the 12 months. Anyone who pays the ridiculas Qld rego prices will know how cheap this is! My 5.0 ltr VS Senator only leaves pocket change from $1,000 for 12 months rego!

But on a good note, the Qld SIV scheme is heaps better than some of the other states as you can change and modify the car any way you like, as long as it remains legal and roadworthy, and you can still get SIV. I know in at least a couple of other states they wont want to know you if ANYTHING is changed from how it left the factory, even rims, steering wheel, etc!

On a final note, when on SIV rego you either have to have special SIV number plates that look something like "S-12345" or personalised plated. I prefer to use personalised plated as the SIV plates stand out a mile away. So if you happen to be driving outside of the SIV restrictions for what ever reason, at least with personal plates you blend in just a little easier, and its not obvious to the whole world that your on concessional rego. :wink:

Hope this clears up a few things, well for those in Qld anyway. Cheers.
Dave

P.S- The LC Coupe has the plates "LCV80" - It currently has the original 138ci 6 cyl and 3 speed auto but I have the written off Toyota Soarer sitting there with the 4.0 all alloy quad cam V8 just waiting to be dropped in! One day... :twisted:
Agreed QLD rego prices are rediculous! I just paid $333 i think for 6 months for the Hatch, so I'd assume an MB would cost the same. I used to own a 5L VR BT1 commodore, and i was paying close enough to $1000 for 12 months, I changed CTP insurers a few times and managed to get change from my $1000 too :D But thats part of the reason I got rid of it in favour of the Hatch :)

I've never heard of this SIV or heritage rego before, but it sounds like a good idea if you've got an old car that doesnt get driven much. I wouldn't want it for either my MB or Hatch though if you can only drive so many km a year or whatever. They're too much fun to drive! :D
v8fazz

There are no restrictions on km's per year but by rights you are only allowed to travel within a 15km radius from home for 'road testing' unless taking part in an organised car club event, cruise, display, etc. No restriction on traveling for repairs but you would need to be able to justify it if you were ever asked the question. I dont think "Yes I live in Qld but my mechanic is in Victoria" would go down to well! All the Qld info is here if anyone is interested-

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/ ... ssion.aspx

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/c32ee ... _guide.pdf

If Im not mistaken, Qld rego prices go on your engine size, and from memory when I lived in Vic it was based on seating capacity so utes were always a lot less. Dont quote me though! I havent lived in Vic for a loooong time! But $333 for 6 months rego for a 3cyl car is crazy!

Also, when on the SIV rego, because the car is for 'limited use' your insurance premiums are considerably lower as well.

Cheers.
Dave.
Sometimes it's reassuring knowing I'm not the only one pretending to be normal..
Dave

v8fazz wrote:There are no restrictions on km's per year but by rights you are only allowed to travel within a 15km radius from home for 'road testing' unless taking part in an organised car club event, cruise, display, etc. No restriction on traveling for repairs but you would need to be able to justify it if you were ever asked the question. I dont think "Yes I live in Qld but my mechanic is in Victoria" would go down to well! All the Qld info is here if anyone is interested-

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Registration/ ... ssion.aspx

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/~/media/c32ee ... _guide.pdf

If Im not mistaken, Qld rego prices go on your engine size, and from memory when I lived in Vic it was based on seating capacity so utes were always a lot less. Dont quote me though! I havent lived in Vic for a loooong time! But $333 for 6 months rego for a 3cyl car is crazy!

Also, when on the SIV rego, because the car is for 'limited use' your insurance premiums are considerably lower as well.

Cheers.
Dave.
I'd still rather pay the extra for normal rego and get to enjoy driving my MB whenever i want, wherever i want, as far as i want :D

I'm pretty sure QLD rego prices go on your engine capacity too, not 100% on that though :NFI: I used to live in Vic too, even though i was quite young i know their rego is/was way cheaper than what it is here.

Oh, and the $333 for rego was including CTP as well. Just the rego was $171.90 for the 6 months :lol: