Introduce yourself!

Chat about anything and everything.
oldgringo

Hi just joined rebuilding my mightyboy,yup its driving only had for 12 months,still got lots to learn.Clive
Graeme

I have in the past owned suzi 4X4's and loved them. I always thought that I should get a MightyBoy some day.
Well that day has happened.
I live in Ingham, Nth Qld. and drink XXXX gold and eat prawns way to often.

Graeme.
Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
Brokenshire

Nothing wrong eating prawns and owning a Mighty Boy, sorry about the other stuff though.
Graeme

Please explain?? :lol:

XXXX gold is what has made the Qld's what they are.

Graeme.
Your just jealous because the voices only talk to me.
ceej

Graeme wrote:XXXX gold is what has made the Qld's what they are.
Enough said! :lol:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Husky

Gday Guys,
My name is Maxi(Husky, Use to own a 08 Husqvarna 510 smr :) ) Ive been on the forum a little while now. Check out my gallery page.
I live in the lower north shore of Sydney. Sparky by trade, my love is motorbikes and I currently own a Kaw zx7rr and Yam R6.
Ive always like MB when I was kid. Just recently bought one and already have done a fair bit of work to it.
I am currently working on the lighting side of things. I have completed my parking lights and want to run them for a while before I do a "how to" just to make sure there reliable. They use high power Led and are heaps brighter than your standard 5w ba 15s globe. (Check the gallery)
I want to say a big thanks to everyone who has helped me so far with this great journey with the MB :wink:
I hope to contribute as much as I can.
Cheers :)
Happy Easter
ROM088

Hi Guys,

My name is rom and I have recently bought an 88 mighty boy ute, it's white stock standard with mags.

I have owned several other cars over the years including a 68 bathurst monaro, ss hatch torana, and I recenltly sold a turbo Rx7 , so this is the smallest and slowest car I have ever owned :lol:

I am planning to just drive it around and hopefully drop in a an 800 engine eventually.

I will post up a few pics of the car soon.

cheers

Rom
Tez

Hi Rom.
What state /territory are you in, mate?
Tez
So the adventure continues...
ROM088

Hi Tezz,

sorry forgot to mention that , I am in canberra.

cheers
rom
trunkmonkey

Hi All,

Sorry to all for not introducing myself earlier....
My name is Darrell & I live in Townsville, North Queensland.
I currently work for the electricity entity up here as a contracts officer. Electrician / refrigeration mechanic / HV cable jointer by trade/s.
Very demanding job & does not leave much time for play. Work WAAAAAY too many hours.
I currently have 2 x MB's in the shed.
1 x MB has full body kit & near new paint blue with gold saffron flek, stock interior, 13"alloys, manual, F8B engine (stock) goes, looks & sounds well.
Other MB is my "dukes of hazard"ute. Can go almost anywhere with it. Needs a respray but no signs of rust, 14"alto rims, F6A intercooled, 5sp box, surge tank. Lights up well. Gives V6's the S#*ts. Goes very well when there is no crap in the fuel up here. :x

I also recently imported a Suzuki Kei 98". Has excellent interior & exterior 88K's on clock, 5sp manual, F6A intercooled donk. Originally imported from Japland with HUGE intentions to basically place almost everything from the Kei into the blue MB. Cost me an absolute fortune - not to mention the issues with customs. :x Would have been cheaper to buy a brand new swift of the shelf here. not going there.

Have always owned MB's through my life. Brought my first MB at the age of 14 for a "project". Mrs rekons I have owned more that 10 MB's"so far. Keep coming back to them like a rash! :P what can I say??

Anyhow things @ home recently have changed. Boss has put her foot down & said all has to go this time. ( see for sale section). Lucky for me nothing has been sold & I am hoping she has a change of heart & lets me keep at least one of them for my sanity.

Also have lots of spare parts in the shed....2 x F8B + boxes, mags, alternators, dashes, lights, radiators, boxes & boxes of stuff. Will eventually sell most of it. Just got to get time to get together a list of whats there.

Hobbies - driving my MB's. Water skiing (also have a ski boat but never use it), fishing, drinking, NRL (Go the Cowboys!)& camping with the Mrs & kids.

Hope thats enough for an intro.......

did I mention I don't mind a beer! :beer:

Darrell
.............trunkmonkey................
FunboxR

Hi all,

My name is Simon from Sydney, i have a 1998 Wagon R+. I am glad that i found you guys & forum here. I want to rebuild the engine myself, but i have lack of info. I hope i can find some info here. Thank you all! Will see you around on the road soon.
Dave

Hey guys, long time reader, first time poster

My names is Dave, im 20 and from the Sunshine Coast. I bought a 1983 Suziki Hatch earlier this year off Ebay for $400 as a cheap daily as i couldnt afford to drive my 5L V8 commodore every day. Shorthly after i got it i fell in love with it and ended up getting rid of the V8, haha. The hatch isnt in the best shape, it's an ex air conditioning service company car (lol) and has just over 300 000 km's on the clock, it has the funniest looking red/yellow two tone paint which is faded, and some horribly crusty carpet inside. I'm actually surprised its still going with such high K's on it and i havent had a problem with it yet, until yesterday when it started overfuelling like a mofo. I ended up sorting that problem today using the service manual on the forum (cheers Brayden).

Short term plans for it are to just lower it and give it a respray, long term plans include engine conversion ( depending on whats available at the time, as well as time and money) and a retrim. Well thats it for now, i look foward to chatting with some of you guys on here and hopefully learning more about the little Suzuki's!

Cheers, Dave
MGirl x 3

Hi I'm Karen, live south of Gympie, Queensland. I have had my first MB for a couple of years now. Got it off my besties son after he put it on its roof :cry: Have done some panel work and waiting for quote from panel beaters for the rest. Might turn it inot a soft top as someone has put a HUGE sunroof in and there is just no strength left. I now have another 2 so own 3......just love them and they are my pet projects.......kids think mum has lost her marbles :roll:

I found tamon on Google after seaching for info on MB's.....so happy I did.
supervan

MGirl x 3 wrote:Hi I'm Karen, live south of Gympie, Queensland. I have had my first MB for a couple of years now. Got it off my besties son after he put it on its roof :cry: Have done some panel work and waiting for quote from panel beaters for the rest. Might turn it inot a soft top as someone has put a HUGE sunroof in and there is just no strength left. I now have another 2 so own 3......just love them and they are my pet projects.......kids think mum has lost her marbles :roll:

I found tamon on Google after seaching for info on MB's.....so happy I did.
.....hi karen and welcom to this great forum.....first let me say the soft top sounds cool,also that youre kids just dont know just how cool there mum is, 3 mb's you surely have not lost your marbles.....anyway good luck with the quote and have a good one.......supervan(josh) :)
....its not miles per gallon its smiles per gallon....

1990 f10a supercarry 5speed
small van big plan
MGirl x 3

Thanks Josh....so nice to be welcomed. Of course my son is into much BIGGER cars......he likes the old Holdens - Kingswood and 4WD's but this tends to change from day to day, but my daughter thinks MB's are cool and cute (like me) :) Hubby is into MB's like me but probably not so obsessed, lol.