how good does your MB handle???

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
casey

the quickner i got is ment for the 500cc smaller sprintcarss its a pro lite 2:1 its really direct but it very heavy but its impossible to spin out its great soon as it starts to go haywire just responds like that!!! i wouldnt recommend it for the street bec my type is ment for the dirt with a sprint car moving so quick with the wheel half the time being of the ground making it easy and very light steering wheel for him.
but you can get a heavier juty witch is heaps bigger i think its meant for the full size sprintcar but i wouldnt see it to fit down the steering column only just fit mine with a lot of mods but if you had powersteering it prob would work great it would be light steering wheel!
if your not first your last CRUSETOWNSVILLE
trunkmonkey

casey wrote:theres nothing much at townsville up north

so bloody true.
.............trunkmonkey................
casey

just put the wheels on racing this weekend hope i can get a pb!

Psi_Wagon

ha they look huge, did you trim the wheel archs at all?

also, im curious to what (if any) mods you have done to the back end suspension for track work ?
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
casey

i cut and smoothed of the guards just to see me through this meeting then the bloke will flair them properly

i think theres 4 inch lowering blocks standard leaf fulcrums threw a mad set of hard shockies weights in the quarter pannels depends witch wheels lifts helps and 3 deg camber and 2 mm toe 7mm spacers all in the rear
Psi_Wagon

nice, what shocks are you using? at the moment ive got twin pairs of standard shocks& 3" drop , but ide rather use a single stiffer pair.

also howd you manage the camber? just bend the axle tube?
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
casey

dont kno what shocks but they work bout 2 1/2 in thick and yeah just cut bent and welded the axle right up close to the drumb brake
ToranaGuy

Interesting.

Currently my boy rolls on std springs & shocks, with set of 15" rims running 165/45 R15's on them. It's getting a little too bouncy, due to the shocks, but body roll isn't too bad, since replacing the front end bushes. Next on the list is new rear shocks & 3 leaf setup, hoping to replace the struts & front springs early next year.

I don't drive the boy too much, so things like this are not needing to be done asap.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
casey

who say's u cant drift a fwd mboy'
Matty

good effort mate.
Billie

Lol all mighty boys drift, turn into a tight bend and around she goes.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Billie wrote:Lol all mighty boys drift, turn into a tight bend and around she goes.
Hmmm :-k Might have to try that, I'd probably understeer into a gutter though LOL. Not that I'd do it on the street or anything :shifty:
Matty

in my mb i was 90degrees to white center line at about 60,

Scarey stuff thought i was gunna roll ha ha to much brake and steering lock :roll:
Dave

Matty wrote:in my mb i was 90degrees to white center line at about 60,

Scarey stuff thought i was gunna roll ha ha to much brake and steering lock :roll:
HAHA. F**k that :ohnoes:
casey

not all mighty boys drift the just flick out then come back to nutural thats not a drift! 120kph drifting even befor the corner and kept light on the gas to keep up with the arse end all the way round the sweeper! i touched the brakes at the wrong time as i was on full roll/lean slightly turning right, sent me into it! stuffed my time but it looked good!!