Mighty boy fun

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Husky

I was driving my MB to work today and sometimes it pulls a little harder some days more then other days, dont know why( maybe wheather,humidity)? but the point I want to make is that with my F8b that is resonably healthy it goes pretty well.
I can only imagine what a really strong F8b,F8b turbo or g10a,g10T,F5a,F6a, charade engines etc would be like to drive?
would love to hear peoples opinions,driving storys,comparision who have these strong healthy motors with some decent hp figures :) Put us in the drivers seat!
Dave

I often wonder the same thing. My F8B powered Hatch has it's off days when it feels a little slower than usual as well. I still think it's slow however, and it gets me thinking how awesome it must be to drive an MB or something with a better engine, wether it be G10A etc or something force fed.

It also gets me wondering how much it must suck to drive an F5A powered Hatch or MB :lol:. Having only driven little suzuki's with F8B's, I've never experienced the wrath of an F5A, and I couldn't imagine how agonising it must be trying to get somewhere in a hurry :lol:

Unless of course they aren't actually as slow as what i think they would be :-k
stevan_istheman

Going from F5A to F8B is friggin' awesome!
You get sooo much more torque and power from the 800cc. When i first read about the 800 conversion adding like 10-15kw i didnt think it would really feel like much but damn, i was wrong.

Cant imagine going back to the F5A now... An F5A with an auto is fun when the car it's in is mint original (as a novelty) but drivability is much better with the 800.

Next step for me is 660 twin cam turbo.. hehe the saga continues.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
jason

try an f5a with 2 speed auto, terribly powerless, however there are days that it moves along. well it did until the big ends died. have an 88 alto 800 manual ready to switch over during the next few weeks. looking forward to it
:)
Husky

Last night I was at a set of traffic lights in the left lane, next to me was a chick in a late/current model Honda civic. I was sitting about 1 metre in front, the lights turned green I took off, tiny bit of wheel spin. She then realized that I was gunning it and decided to join in. I had to move in to the right lane(same as her) and I couldnt pull a safe distance to merge by the time she caught me going into 3rd gear. :roll:so I waited till she went pass me before mergeing into the same lane
Very frustraing, It would be nice just to be at least on par or quicker than a new production small(1.6L)4 cylinder.
Oh well such is life :wink:

It must be a good feeling sitting at the lights in a powered up MB knowing that you can out dragg the person next to you if you have to, especially when they think they can easily take you :twisted:
Dave

Gotta remember its only a ~27-ish yeah old 800cc engine, lucky you even got wheel spin! :D

Can't wait to do an engine conversion and go pwn some P plate V6 Commodores :lol:

I can just imagine the 'WTF? :-o' look on peoples faces when you leave them behind at a set of lights in your MB :lol: :lol:
cozza

i used to have a little twin turbo f6a in my little handy 3door well like a cut cat with major torque steer underfull accel off the line, went good though but just like any car, good maitenance can make a good car great
Dave

cozza wrote:i used to have a little twin turbo f6a in my little handy 3door well like a cut cat with major torque steer underfull accel off the line, went good though but just like any car, good maitenance can make a good car great
Twin turbo F6A? How big were the turbo's? And how do you twin turbo a 3cyl?

:-o
Husky

lucky you even got wheel spin!
yeah probably like half a wheel revolution :lol: , just enought to wake up the girl in the civic to think it was a drag race 8)
Billie

In my old f8b powered mb i could get it to spin for ages. Did it behind some v8's at the ute show haha.

F6a muighty boy wouldnt beat a p plater in a commy.

twin cam daihatsu charade turbo engine would.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

Dave wrote:
cozza wrote:i used to have a little twin turbo f6a in my little handy 3door well like a cut cat with major torque steer underfull accel off the line, went good though but just like any car, good maitenance can make a good car great
Twin turbo F6A? How big were the turbo's? And how do you twin turbo a 3cyl?

:-o

the motor was extensively worked over a few months with a few mates to try and see what we could make used 2 standard turbos from an f6a and done some big work to the intake manifold, i wasnt running extreme amounts of boost only ran it on 6 psi just to see if it would work and that where i left it untill i killed it at the burnout comp at benaraby
Dave

Billie wrote:In my old f8b powered mb i could get it to spin for ages. Did it behind some v8's at the ute show haha.

F6a muighty boy wouldnt beat a p plater in a commy.

twin cam daihatsu charade turbo engine would.
Never said anything about an F6A beating one :)
twin cam daihatsu charade turbo engine would
Mystery engine? :-o
the motor was extensively worked over a few months with a few mates to try and see what we could make used 2 standard turbos from an f6a and done some big work to the intake manifold, i wasnt running extreme amounts of boost only ran it on 6 psi just to see if it would work and that where i left it untill i killed it at the burnout comp at benaraby
You wouldn't happen to have a vid of the F6ATT doing a skid :-o ?
Billie

You said own some p plate commy's. To me thats f6a beating one but anyway nah thats not my mystery engine. They cant make enough reliable hp for my needs.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

Dave wrote:Gotta remember its only a ~27-ish yeah old 800cc engine, lucky you even got wheel spin! :D

Can't wait to do an engine conversion and go pwn some P plate V6 Commodores :lol:

I can just imagine the 'WTF? :-o' look on peoples faces when you leave them behind at a set of lights in your MB :lol: :lol:
I never mentioned F6A? I was thinking of doing the F6A conversion though if thats what you're thinking? All depends on money and motor availability which route i choose. Sorry mate :P
nah thats not my mystery engine. They cant make enough reliable hp for my needs
Damn_you_all.jpg
Damn_you_all.jpg (20.2 KiB) Viewed 1146 times
DAMN YOU!
Billie

Woops missread what you said.

What engine will you be going for?

I'd recomend g10a. Theres a few performance parts at suzukitird or something like that.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝