Mighty boy fun

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Dave

Billie wrote:Woops missread what you said.

What engine will you be going for?

I'd recomend g10a. Theres a few performance parts at suzukitird or something like that.
Probably either G10A or F6A, depends whats around at the time and what price etc. I'd love a G10T, but the likeliness of that happening is 0 :lol: Spose I could do G10A then try turbo it later on down the track... :-k I do really want something force fed though :D
gadj

For sheer simplicity & reliability I find the G10a with 5sp manual works for me. If you want something that is more likely to embarrass WRX or R8 Commies then AWD F6b (intercooled turbo*) is potentially explosive off the mark, but they will likely catch you within 200m or so. (Not yet proven - Stevo still has his in parts while he plays with the 'Cruiser)
The G10a has been done several times, is a little more difficult than F8B both in execution & parts availability but gets you keeping up with V6 Commodores on the hills (not talking racing - general driving) & will effortlessly sit on 110Km/h all day long on the highway.
*EDIT
Last edited by gadj on Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
cozza

if you want any advice dont put an f6a in the mb they are nothing but a pain in the arse ive been trying to get my mb engine conversion done for about a year now with an f6a twin cam turbo, the amount of crap that is needed to run the engine alone leaves minimal space under the bonnet,
Tez

Ahhhh... But it can be done, and when it's done, what a result:
IMG_1686a.JPG
(This is NOT mine BTW)...

Cheers
Tez
So the adventure continues...
Dave

Tez wrote:Ahhhh... But it can be done, and when it's done, what a result:
IMG_1686a.JPG

Cheers
WOAH :-o It's so..... Clean :)
Billie

Only problem is you spend so much money on it, and its still just a 660cc. Why not get the head and put it on a f8b? The amount of money spent on custom mounts and driveshafts would exceed the amount to get the block machined to match the head and custom pulleys and belt and timing case, run it on triple bike carbs and shes off. Or custom runners and a charade carby turbo, or efi which ever takes your fancy. Also fly cuts in the pistons to save big $$$ when the timing belt breaks haha.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Husky

Is it fair to say there would be resonable gains to be had to an F8b N/a by shaving the head, increase the compression to say 9.5 to 1. Smoothing out the inlet manifold and ports in the head. What else can be done to an N/a f8b? 8)
Billie

Extractors. 30dic webber carb. stroke it.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

Tez wrote:Ahhhh... But it can be done, and when it's done, what a result:
IMG_1686a.JPG

Cheers

i know it can be done just a pain in the arse and a big amount of money trying to get it done, so far my lil mb has cost me close to 8k in engine gearbox wise that inclued mounts, drive shafts, suspension, wireing loom, headlight upgrade, bonnet, front guards, momo buckets, momo steering wheel, LP 14's, 2/15 inch sports system, custom turbo manifold, custom air box, custom fuel rail, upgraded injectors, rebuilt turbo, ignition upgrade, custon steel drop tank, hard cover, custom body kit, guages and a $80 supercheap auto cd player.
Dave

i know it can be done just a pain in the arse and a big amount of money trying to get it done, so far my lil mb has cost me close to 8k in engine gearbox wise that inclued mounts, drive shafts, suspension, wireing loom, headlight upgrade, bonnet, front guards, momo buckets, momo steering wheel, LP 14's, 2/15 inch sports system, custom turbo manifold, custom air box, custom fuel rail, upgraded injectors, rebuilt turbo, ignition upgrade, custon steel drop tank, hard cover, custom body kit, guages and a $80 supercheap auto cd player.
All this custom expensive stuff then BAM! Cheapo CD player :lol:
Brayden

Billie wrote:You said own some p plate commy's. To me thats f6a beating one but anyway nah thats not my mystery engine. They cant make enough reliable hp for my needs.
:lol:
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

Lol they cant Brayden. 180hp right on the limit i read on here. Brayden whats the performance of yours atm? I think you should go twin cam head on the f8b with twin turbos haha, it would haul ass. Or even sohc f6a 12 valves, it wouldnt be to hard coz you wouldnt have to change the manifolds.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Matty

Billie your motor must be huge the way your talking it up on all the different threads on here :NFI:
One day it will be DONE!!!
Billie

its bloody massive.

i just cant justify the amount spent getting a f6a in when you can chuck the head on a f8b, get forged pistons and rods and all other sorts of goodies for the price of the engine mounts and drive shafts.

I might have to pick up a f6a twin cam head and chuck it on my f8b boy. Triple bike carbs and extractors it would go good. Use standard pistons and so on.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Matty

I might have to pick up a f6a twin cam head and chuck it on my f8b boy. Triple bike carbs and extractors it would go good. Use standard pistons and so on.[/quote]

Do it..... im guessing your motor must be a v8 then
One day it will be DONE!!!