Mighty boy fun

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Billie

v8? haha dont be silly.

I'll see if i can get a cheap head from import monster, if its to exoensive then its not worth it. Got a mate who can do custom pulleys and machineing so no probz there.

Either that or just save and get the engine built for the boy and meet you all in albury next year.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Brayden

Billie wrote:Lol they cant Brayden. 180hp right on the limit i read on here. Brayden whats the performance of yours atm? I think you should go twin cam head on the f8b with twin turbos haha, it would haul ass. Or even sohc f6a 12 valves, it wouldnt be to hard coz you wouldnt have to change the manifolds.
180hp would be a 500% increase over stock. Why on earth would you need that much power, let alone more?!

I am in the process of building a hybrid F8B/F6A. End of the day I'm aiming for a modest 60kw ATW. I can't see a reason to chase any more power than that.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Billie

500% over stock would be awesome.

Well i guess the reason i want that much power is because i can i guess.

What type of hybrid are you going for? Single or twin cam head?

Each too there own on this.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Dave

It would be awesome, but only if you can get it to the ground. You'd have some serious traction issues there. IMO, 180HP would be major overkill :lol: But like Billie said, each to their own.

All I really want is to be able to keep up with everyday traffic, give it a bit of a squirt every now & then for fun... Maybe even get up a hill without having to knock it back to 2nd and floor it :)
Billie

All I really want is to take v8 commys :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
gadj

Power to weight ratio means you should not have to look for astronomical gain. Simply find the power to weight ratio of what you want to beat & go a little better - in the end it has to be driveable & must be able to convert that power to forward motion in preference to shredded tyres ( not that a burnout vehicle wouldn't get attention ).
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
cozza

id be more on the side of just getting it a nice tidy engine, give it a little port and polish to help it breath a bit better, throw a twin cam head on and mabe a little turbo, just go for some of the more smaller simpiler mods, and it should be a nice tidy motor, my old f5a had an f6a head on it with a single 180 holley carb went ok at full revs but too boggy when trying to take off, efi isnt too bad but the injectors need to be upsized a little, mabe a bigger throttle body and a good set of plugs get it tuned and it should show some of the little p platers up off the line might not leave the v8s behind but at least you can have a go, oh and take the esky out the tray it only weighs it down. the tray in my mb is an esky i got that rino tough ute liner put in the back got 2 rubber bungs and put a nice rubber seal around the tail gate and hard cover locked it down and it seems to do well when i go camping.
Billie

My mb will weigh a little more than most. It's not going to be a striped out racer.

Like i side, each to there own. if 60kwatw is sufficient for your needs/wants then go for it.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

i reckon that curupt mb is insane be a bucket load of fun to do what it does, but imagine the strain on the neck after all the 360's it does at the speed it does them lol.