ENGINE MOUNTS

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Husky

gadj wrote:That appears to be same as L & R mounts (as Brayden recommends) possibly a taller? item but not the original mount to my knowledge. I used equivalent to Mackay A5038 at the rear & A5272 each side - Kelpro numbers cross over easily enough
Is this for a F5a,F8b? Mighty boy

It did say sa swift on the paper in the mount
gadj

Some of the mounts I used are Swift items - the modified engine/transaxle steady is the main one A5236.
The lower, left & right mounts A5272 are listed for both MightyBoy F5a & Hatch F5a/F8b. The A5038 is an Alto & Swift listing but matches what was on my F8b & worked well. Some suppliers will have better pricing in alternate brands & most catalogues have crossovers from Mackay or Kelpro.
Still not had chance to check the hole positions
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Husky

gadj wrote:Some of the mounts I used are Swift items - the modified engine/transaxle steady is the main one A5236.
The lower, left & right mounts A5272 are listed for both MightyBoy F5a & Hatch F5a/F8b. The A5038 is an Alto & Swift listing but matches what was on my F8b & worked well.
Unfortunatley I just couldnt see it working(A5038)for the rear mount :NFI:
gadj

Wish I could remember how I got mine in, think I had to fit the mount to the engine with the firewall bracket on it, then lower the engine until I could get the bolts in.

If it wont work for you don't force it, find something that does. I'm inclined to think whatever goes in there needs to be under compression rather than tension to last - could easily be mistaken though.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Husky

gadj,
I got the impression it might fit but wouldnt sit properly(basically to large), There is defentley better options out there. Im working on it at the moment, I will update when I have finalised it and Happy with the result.
I agree there needs to be a little compression, but that needs to be across the whole mount i.e not at an angle where it is pulling it at an angle, that is why my rear mount split :(
crumpet

so have we found out a part number on the rear engine mount i have a f8b with a auto gear box and need to get a rear mount any help would be great
gadj

Unless Husky (or another) has found an alternate to what worked for me, no. Another clue I found is what holes in the sub-frame are used & which sub-frame is used with which transaxle seem to affect the required mount.
Only way to work it out is sit the power train in place on the left & right side mounts & measure between the rear mounting plates. Engine/Trans assy. need to sit so that the mounting plates (on trans & firewall) are as close as possible to parallel & the bolt holes for the mount are aligned before measuring.
There are catalogues avail. online for Mackay & others.
Husky

use the ones as I detailed in the previous page.The reason my rear one failed was due to the the wrong engine bracket f8b vs f5a is 30mm more forward. Since my engine rebuild I have fitted the f5a engine cradle for my f8b engine and all is good :thumbup1:
crumpet

how do i know if i have a f8b or a f5a bracket :NFI:
Husky

If your running the original f5a engine then it should be fine. If you have the f8b and the engine sits closer to the front at the drivers side then chances are they used the f8b engine(hatch) cradle instead of the f5a cradle. The engine should sit approx the same distance to the front of the engine bay.
crumpet

i am running a f8b engine but ill have to check the distance of the engine tomorrow
crumpet

husky are you talking about the u shaped bracket that sits under the crank shaft pully and holds the mount :NFI:
Husky

crumpet wrote:husky are you talking about the u shaped bracket that sits under the crank shaft pully and holds the mount :NFI:
Thats the one im talkin bout :thumbup1: