yet another mb project

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Trav

ferdie wrote:[

sorry back on topic, just thought i should clear up im not running coke, making boot-leg or something :D
Damn, there goes my thoughts of a tough P-didy coke dealer crusing the streats in a tricked out MightyBoy. Complete with walking cane and purple fluffy top hat. 8)
Yes it's my ute, no I won't help you move
Billie

Lol kids dont be a mechanic, shit pay, knowledge is good though.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

kids dont be a mechanic??? i think it should be mandatory in all high schools to have students do a basic mechanics 101 course, ive seen so many younger kids drive around and dont even know how to pump up a bloody tyre, let alone check how much oil is in the radiator, my mrs did that one thought that oil went in the radiator i tell ya it made one hell of a mess 3 ltrs of good penrite oil pord down the radiator in an old fairlane.
Tez

I'm with Cozza on this one... But I think rudimentary maintenance should be tested as part of a drivers licence... All drivers should prove they know how to change a tyre / check oil, coolant, brake fluid etc... and change fuses and light globes..!
Tez
So the adventure continues...
cozza

exactally. there are just too many people out there that dont know the basic things, i mean nobody wants to be travelling somewhere and all of a sudden car stops in the middle of nowhere and you cant get phone service. they should be tested to check all those things change a tyre and learn how to pull off the road safely. i also think it should be mandatory for every p plater to do a defensive driveing course, ive seen way to many of them start to lose control in the wet and they hit the brakes and spin out ive allways been told if you start to slide you dont hit the brake you just leave your foot where it is or back off slightly. i dont see why it would be a problem for them to introduce it into school again. my dad said when he was at school they wer made to do it, it's not hard doesnt take much time 15 mins at the most to teach to check fluids and tyres.
gadj

There is good news coming on Apprentice wages in Qld. Billie, you should be getting a reasonable raise in the near future. The powers that be have decided there are too many dropping out of apprenticeships due to financial reasons so they're doing something about it.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Billie

Thats funny, i talked to my recruitment place about it, said if the pay doesnt then im not going to be able to continue. Hopefully it does increase.

Not sure about the basic saftey checks, does that mean when you buy a house you have to know how to do basic jobs, see that you can mow the lawn? Some people are just better off now touching there cars, generally they make things worse, even when told how to do it. Big crash at toowong round-a-bout today, just after i got to work, i went through 20 min earlier and my car did a 4 wheel slide, just powered out of it, i imagen all the oil + rain made it pretty slippery.

I would have thought anyone could pump up a tyre, no ones that stupid right?
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

you would be supprised how many people dont even know how to inflate a tyre look at the yanks there is a school specifically for teaching you how to maintain your car, was on tv a few yrs ago.
put it this way i watched a chick at the servo this morning in a new falcon she iddnt know how to open the fuel flap she looked for a button and a lever and had no luck so i asked here if she needed some help she said yes how do you open this f#@kin fuel flap so i walked over pushed on it and it opened, just so happens i used to own the same model fg falcon till i took a 4wd to the passenger side which wrote it off.
Billie

Dont mean to be rude but why is that her fault? I would assume looking for a button is the correct thing to do? I'v been caught out looking for the button on cars at work which have the push type fuel flaps. All fakcons before that had them on the dash next to the driver, above the bonnet release.

Would me calling you stupid for not knowing how to start my car be fair? Its got a trickey alarm. I assume someone would get pissed off if they bought it and couldnt work it out, wouldnt mean there stupid.

Fg falcons are gay anyway :)
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

wasnt calling her stupid just saying more and more new cars are getting trickier to find these simple things. and i know fg falcons are shit my clutch flew apart after the 3000km service and they tried to tell me i was drag raceing in it the handbrake was stretched so far theat it didnt work anymore and couldnt be tightened anymore
Billie

Maybe adjust at wheels then cable :)

Clutch probz factory fault.

Trying to tell customers there cars break because they cant drive is near impossible.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
cozza

could only adjust the cable but not the handbrake at the wheels was a stupid setup. as for the clutch i had probelms the day i brought it that only happened after the 3 test drives i had in it, it allways felt as though there just wasnt quiet enough travel in the pedel allways felt it needed just that little bit more, but anyway the ford dealer took it had a look and i got a call to go have a look the clutch fell apart and the gearbox oil was full of metal shaveings they wouldnt replace the clutch under warenty because it's called as a wear n tear part i even rang ford itself and they said the same thing not under warenty. as far as im concernd im doing away with the falcon and commodores and sticking to what i know best jap rice eaters. easy to fix and not alot goes wrong.
Billie

Not a stupid design. Caliper handbrakes are the best. No adjusting at wheels. Probz coasting brakes causing the discs to be glazed. Handbrake won't work then.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
Billie

Not a stupid design. Caliper handbrakes are the best. No adjusting at wheels. Probz coasting brakes causing the discs to be glazed. Handbrake won't work then.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝