SA Swift KYB Front Struts For Mightyboy

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
killermule

So I am finally doing the front struts, gonna go for sa swift ones and just mod whats needed.

http://www.kyb.com.au/shock-absorbers-p ... =12%2F1988

Are these the struts I am after?

I know supercheap stock both gabriel and monroe in what I want (thanks to here: http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... wift+shock) but I would much rather these KYB shocks if possible.

The supercheap parts guide lists those KYB part numbers as for the following models:

KYB 332047 - 1000 SA310, AA / B43 - 10.86-89
KYB 332048 - 1300 SA413, AA / B53 - 10.86-89

So I don't know why the left and right handed shocks get listed seperately haha but that might just be their weird system but those years are within the range I have read of 84-89 so I am figuring they are what I want.

160 each, so not to bad but would love to get at least someone else saying they should be right before I throw the money. If they don't fit I am not tooo fussed as I would rather try get kybs fit than use the other brands.

Cheers,
Sam.
KEVIN

Struts are generally listed as LH/RH because of the brake line mounting position.
MYDBOY Co-Pilot
killermule

Ah yeh that make sense, I more meant that supercheap have a different set of swifts listed for each side lol.

But main question, will they work? haha
Brayden

Yes they will work, although they are 1" shorter in the body than MB shocks and the hub mounting bolts are spaced slightly differently (~5mm difference) so you need to elongate one of the mounting holes on the shock.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
killermule

Brayden wrote:Yes they will work, although they are 1" shorter in the body than MB shocks and the hub mounting bolts are spaced slightly differently (~5mm difference) so you need to elongate one of the mounting holes on the shock.
You little ripper brayden. Yeh I know there are some hole adjustments cos of that thread I linked from YEARS ago I just wanted to make sure the KYB will work. And 1" shorter sounds good to me! My current shocks are stuffed so itll prob end up the same height haha.
Brayden

Because the brake line brackets are different you need new brake lines, but that's a good idea anyway for a 25 year old car.
killermule

Brayden wrote:Because the brake line brackets are different you need new brake lines, but that's a good idea anyway for a 25 year old car.

Yeh I was gonna throw some brand new ones in as one of the fronts has cracked on the outer cover. Are they SA lines I need to put in now and will they just slip right on MB calipers? I was planning on just attempting to make a bracket and get the mighty boy lines until I upgrade the front brakes to hopefully gtis.
Brayden

I can't say whether standard SA lines would fit, I got custom braided lines made. For $55 a side I figured it was worth it.
killermule

Brayden wrote:I can't say whether standard SA lines would fit, I got custom braided lines made. For $55 a side I figured it was worth it.
Yeh I was thinking of braided lines when I upgrade. On ebay its like $100 for 4 lines, might just get braided now. Who did them for you and what calipers have you got?
Brayden

I'm running GTi hubs and brakes. I had the lines made up by a local brake place to make sure they were ADR compliant. I also rebuilt the hubs and calipers before installing them.