Might Boy parts

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Malcolm

I purchased a 1988 550 cc 4 Speed manual Mighty Boy late last year and it is coming up for rego.
I had a Pink Slip done and it needs some replacement parts like driver’s seat belt, radiator, rear shock absorber, CV Boots and other things.
They are not major and the car still runs without a miss.
I would like to keep the car in its original condition so I need to get replacement parts but I do not want to put dodgy parts.
There are three options that I can think of for replacement parts:
Buy new parts from Suzuki. I do not know if they are available and how much they will cost.
A sacrificial Might Boy but I know that they are hard to find and there is no guarantee that the spare parts will be any better than on my car.
Alternative Suzuki parts from more recent models. If there are compatible models, what are they?
Can anyone give me some suggestions?
Thanks Malcolm
Brayden

Given that all MB's are at least 25 years old, the parts you are chasing wouldn't be worthwhile buying second hand.
Most parts can be bought new, either OEM Suzuki or aftermarket. There are no newer models of Suzuki with compatible parts, but there are a lot of parts that can be adapted with a suitable amount of skill and disregard for authenticity.

If your aim is to return the ute to original condition then genuine or aftermarket new parts are your best option.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
killermule

just search seat belts here, they are a klippan model that fits in.

A radiator can be grabbed off ebay, either OEM or a different one can be modded to fit.

Rear shocks and the other stuff are easy off suzuki spare parts sites.
cozza

jump on suzi store they have shocks radiators and probably a seat too if you ask them.
Malcolm

Thank you all for you help on replacement parts.
I have taken your advice and gone to Suzistore and I will be buying after market parts.
I still need a Drivers Side seat belt to get through rego as my one is frayed.
I can use a second hand one.
Does anyone have one they can sell me?

Thanks

Malcolm
Tez

See my reply in your other thread here:
http://www.teammightyboy.com/forum/view ... =23&t=7055
Tez
So the adventure continues...