new set up

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Brayden

My guess would be an enclosure above the subs to prevent the bass frequencies from simply rattling the canopy around and not producing any clean sound.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ferdie

make anothre sealed box above and we can port the bottom box through the back wall near the base. and it will go crazy!!!
bretto

yeah gud idear nathan........i will try plan sumthing up...
mightymira!!! :)
bretto

well ive got all the mdf now..........im using a 30mm box facebecauz the subs r soo close to each other with on 5cm gap between each, with 20mm everywhere else for sides bottom etc.The thing that is a bit of a worrie is the wait factor!!!

the subs r 15kg each,the 30mm sheet wayz round 60kg n the 20mm 40kg so my cabnint maker m8 rekons. :?

do u guys think that the suspension mite need to be modified?
ferdie

dude when u have built the top chamber let me know the approx volumes for the top andf bottom chambers and i will work out the approx port length/area for the enclosure...
bretto

i wouldnt have a clue how im going to build a top chamber. :?

i am changing the box height, the box will go to the very top of the back wall in the canopy due to the magnets being a couple of cm from the back wal

nathan i was thinking maybe could port the box straight threw the back window space since the box will be from top of the tailgate to top of roof?
ferdie

yeah man thats cool,

just in your first photos i seen there was an overlap from the bottom chamber and the window area, so there would not have been enough port area....

if you have made the bottom enclosure smaller (so its level with the tailgate) then we can use the whole back window area for port area....
bretto

nar they wont go level with the tail gate........i measured the lenth at 67cm.........i need 39.5 for 1 sub alone,basiclly 80cm i need lenth wise for two subs....so i had to raise the box face untill i got a box face lenth bigger then 85cm.

also nathan what batteries can u get and do u have any specs on them?

also with the wiring.........im not sure how im going to go about it with power cables...either a 2x0gauge feed or a 4x 4gauge feed
ferdie

build it in a v shape so that the subs can sit lower in 2 the tray, and with the bats i might be selling some of mine, would get them tested at battery world to make sure they r ok b4 i let them go....

one run of 0gauge will be more than enough for your power needs cos lets be serious, the mb altinator wont make enough 2 run this system, u will need to run it mainly from the power in the bats with only a little more juice coming from the alt...
bretto

no worries nathan,if u want to sell em just msg me with a price and we can sort out sumthing.

i measured up a v shaped box yesterday but the magnets touch each other.....i mite just do the full face sealed enclosure and see how it goes....
bretto

well ive gone with a v shaped box.
ive spent all weekend on it and only the sides of the box need to be done then its finished.

looks gud...2 r facing up and 2 facing to the rear.

i also made sum amp racks for the back wall.

pics will be up soon..
bretto

ive run it to big problems.

A= my rear window on the canopy popped out today :x

B=i cant get the canopy down tight enough to seal the pressure in. :x

c=my rear end of my car rattles like its going to brake in half :?

and im only running half the power that i will be running when i pik my other 2 amps up, im very frustrated with the canopy,do any of u have any ideas on getting the canopy to sit down tight????
Brayden

If you're serious about keeping the canopy down then get a few rubber bonnet hooks and fix them to the outside of the canopy.

(Top product on this page)
http://www.speco.com.au/accbonnet.html

4 of those bad boys will hold the canopy down.

You might need to put some braces across the outside of the windows to stop them from popping.
I remember seeing an excel with ratchet straps holding the windows on to stop it from blowing out at 160dB.
bretto

ive cum up with a solution..........

im just going to buy a alto,or similar hatch n make a wallof 15z behind the head rests :D the poor boy isnt going to hold it i dont reckon.
Brayden

Mate an Alto would be perfect for that I reckon. Seal the rear side windows up and away you go. For what you sell your MB for you could buy an Alto with change to spare. ;)