Searching for Rubbers

Chat about anything and everything.
Brokenshire

I know HaHa. Just recently got myself a MB, with a F8B engine already in it. I am in search of all things rubber and wondering if anyone knew where I can get some? I need things lik oil seals and window seals etc. We plan on reconditioning the motor, but I have never done it before, and respraying the car after all the usual things havr been repaired. I'v already read all the info I can find on the engines but if any can offer any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them. I'm in the process of getting photoes up.

But first things first.. the rubber. :pray:
Brayden

Pretty sure that the rubbers for windows etc can be sourced from Suzuki, but you better be sitting down when they give you the price. For door and window rubbers you're probably looking at in excess of $500.

Engine seals etc can be bought through repco, autopro, etc.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
stevan_istheman

I bought 4 outside window seals for me and my brothers mightyboys and they cost about $100 each :-o

P.S.
I don't think my brothers galley account is active yet,
philly_mightyboy
or something like that.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Brokenshire

Whoa!!! I didn't expect that. I was thinking about cutting out the windows and just replacing them instead of running the risk of breaking them during the respray. I've got to fix some rust in the gutters and such and thought that it would be the best way. Any other suggestions thn on how to fix rusty gutters?
mowog

might be cheaper to just smash the windscreen out. The rear window and door windows can be removed easily because they are toughened glass and don't break easily. The front is laminated be supercareful removing it.
Josh

I don't know about you guys, but whenever I'm after rubbers I just turn to my wallet... :NFI:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
Colin

cant have your hand catching anything aye :quiet:
MORE BEER! :beer:
evilgidget

I may be professionally biased, but try taking your door/window seals to Clark Rubber before you get too enthusiastic at destroying stuff. May not have 'em, but you never know if you don't look. Just don't go overboard with bigger than ideal seals & weatherstrips or else you'll find the windows & doors won't shut properly.
Brayden

evilgidget wrote:I may be professionally biased, but try taking your door/window seals to Clark Rubber before you get too enthusiastic at destroying stuff. May not have 'em, but you never know if you don't look. Just don't go overboard with bigger than ideal seals & weatherstrips or else you'll find the windows & doors won't shut properly.
Been there, done that. No dice.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
evilgidget

Oh, all right. Not all of them bother with actually TRYING to get off their ass to locate the correct ones, but some of us do :roll:
stevan_istheman

The guy i'm getting to cut out my rust in the gutters is just gonna sand blast it out, so there is no rust left in there and just bog the holes up...

The windscreen guy that came to my plase popped my windscreen out and a new one in, it took about 30 - 40 minutes! :D

When i was looking in clark rubber i didn't see anything that looked remotely like a mightyboy seal,
(I was looking more for the rubber surround to go around the ute well)
You may aswell have a look anyway, incase my local store had sold out.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Colin

another good place to get rubbers is from motor trimmers they can usually get it in by the meter and you eurothane it togeather at the ends as nessasary
MORE BEER! :beer:
evilgidget

When i was looking in clark rubber i didn't see anything that looked remotely like a mightyboy seal
It's not a stock item, they have to be ordered to suit.
There's also a company near me (Sandgate, NSW) called Avesco who apparently manufacture rubber extrusions. Don't have any other details other than their name.