F5A gaskets

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Almost a Mini

This is probably a bit of a long shot but. . . .does anyone know if the DOHC F5A uses the same head and manifold gaskets as the equivalent SOHC motors?
I'd really like to check up on the state of the bores, valves etc in my RSX Alto but if I am going to have trouble getting hold of gaskets, I might just leave things alone. . .

Thanks,
Pete in Perth

PS Anyone wanna buy a Cappuccino? :)
fritz

I think on the other forum, John (the owner at the time???) mentioned that the f5a and f8b each had two different sorts of heads which fitted on them. Cant recall the exact specifics though?
I guess if that is correct, it wouldn't too much of a stretch to imagine that it may have a different one???
Almost a Mini

Ah-hah. . .and here we go (from the 'other' forum :D )
The differences are in the combustion chambers, don't think they would seal ... one has a (approx) 62 and the other 68 mm bores and thats a big difference to start with.
Then you have the local hatch styles of 5A and 8b as well as the import and mightyboy versions of both motors.
Wish they would interchange, but unfortuanely not.
Valves are all the same.
JB

Hmm. . .guess this isn't the definitive answer. . .DOHC and SOHC gaskets could still be the same. I was thinking that as the blocks between the two appear to be almost identical, they may use the same head gasket. But, as I said, this is probably asking a bit too much!
I've got Mick from SuziWorld on the case at the moment (he's been really good at tracking down bits that no-one else wants to find for me). If he can find me a gasket, I'll compare it to a local F5 and see what we see.
I'm taking plenty of pictures of all of the bits and pieces I'm doing to the Alto's engine if anyone is interested for furture reference - reliable information on these motors seems to be pretty thin on the ground!!

Pete in Perth
Brayden

Always interested in collecting info to help out others mate. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
oti

Any updates on this? i'm now looking for an F5B SOHC head gasket.
altoworks.info now being domain squatted... joy.
[url=http://www.altoworks.info][img]http://img261.echo.cx/img261/8177/avatarcopy5jq.jpg[/img][/url]
n2o_spark

i got my ( now useless ) head gaket from cappucinos sport.. he's a french guy who can get all the bits you need. and he's nice and promt too.