points gap

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
niiko

I hope its not a glitch in the matrix.............
ToranaGuy

Gladier wrote:
Flinny wrote:ok, thanks Brayden-was getting nervous that i was doing something wrong.
regads Flinny
he hacked the system !!!! argh!!!! run-away!!! :lol:
Come on you, back on topic now.

Has the issue been resolved Flinny?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Flinny

Well yeah got hold of all relevant gaps(for points,plugs) etc great except the points autopro sold would not fit, screw holes would not line up! they reorderer as he thought it was a packing fault, anyway same again he now has my original(for a week)trying to get me some new ones!! Is he right in saying ALL 3 cylinder points are the same. Intend getting them back of him Fri and will try repco or somewhere-any suggestions? Where in Melb/Geelong could anyone suggest to go for these type of consumables ( a supplier that can tell me what I need not me trying to make it up as I go)....Back to the shed-got to look at the rear break setup, regards Flinny-any help/advice appreciated.
Brayden

I don't understand how points are so difficult to come by! I have always just ordered mine straight out of the catelogue with no worries. :?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Flinny

yeah Brayden I dont understand either, everything else I got of them was ok, could it be possible its got a different distributor than "normal"? its starting to .... me off a little-as i have said i aint no mechanic but this aint rocket science. If i was to take photo and show you guys would that help? Thats if i could work out to put the photo into this forum!!! anyway i will keep ploding along. regards Flinny
Brayden

Well you can read up on getting a gallery for yourself here:
http://www.tamon.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1631

Then post pics away to your heart's content! 8)
ToranaGuy

The points are not that hard to come by. IIRC they are the same as alto & early swift engines. I just bought a set today, cost me $6.17 with discount. Reg price is about $8 locally. Part number Bosch GD207.

I picked them up from bursons in hoppers xing, near the bunnings store. Not too far from Geelong. Bursons have been pretty decent in getting parts for my boy, there isn't too much they can't get, and for those bits you may be able to go Genuine Suzuki parts.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
Flinny

Thanks toranaguy-autopro finally got correct points for me on Fri-they did manage to loose my originals though-will give bursons a go, or repco or someone else dont think they (autopro)have much interest in MB's..Any way got it going today-yeah! Looks like i am up for a throttle cable, seems stretched and bunches up under dash, auto choke appears to be sticking too, but it goes... My dilema is battery going flat quickly,(10 mins of starting & stopping) sounds like starter motor but i have had that out and checked with it being all ok-as suggested by someone else i will leave it on charger for a couple of days. It was fine jump starting off my ride on lawn mower, is there anything that could be causing battery to drain quickly (apart from multiple start attempts) ??any help/advice appreciated-regards Flinny.
Brayden

The stock MB battery is only 220CCA, so they don't take much to run flat.

Check your wiring though (especially the earth to body and battery terminals/contacts) as this can cause trouble with starting.

Would be worth running a multimeter on the alternator when the motor is running just to check the output as well.
Flinny

Thanks Brayden-its a new battery with new terminals etc. Earth has 2- one goes to body above left headlight area the other goes to a nut what i'm quessing is the top of the left shocker, did manage to have a look at a nice ladies today in hers this secondary earth was going down onto the block this may be better than the what i've got ? I've never approached someone i didn't know and ask can have i have a look under ya bonnet before-these MB's are little infectious hey ! Another quickie is an automatic choke standard ? There is a choke in the cabin(not hooked up obviously) Thanks mate-regards Flinny
ceej

The second earth should go to the gearbox just near where the bottom radiator hose goes. (There is a bolt down there near where the hose goes to the metal pipe.)

I have an auto choke on my current F8B, the one i had before didn't have it. I guess its either because its out of a different car (one from Alto, the other from a Hatch?) and possibly cause one was auto, or maybe had air con? But I'm not sure. Is yours F5A or F8B?
Garry. Nuff sed!
Flinny

thanks ceej yeah i will change earth to position you suggested, its a F5A. another one - fuel filter - can you tell me where it is can not see it in engine bay, have not got under car yet regards Flinny
fritz

Flinny wrote:My dilema is battery going flat quickly,(10 mins of starting & stopping) sounds like starter motor but i have had that out and checked with it being all ok
When I put my current f8b in the white boy, it gave the impression of having a faulty battery because the timing was out. I presume it was becuasue the time was too far retarded that it was firing too early and thus making it harder to crank for the starter. After I changed the timing I've not had a single problem with my battery. Good as gold. Strong as. :)
Last edited by fritz on Sun May 06, 2007 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gremlin

the choke on the mightyboy f5a is a manual pull type one.

the fuel filter should be just in front of the left rear wheel arch, under the car. :wink:
Flinny

thanks guys-will get timing checked re battery issue after i alter earth position just had a quick look for fuel filter again still could not see it, but my spuds are burning in the weber and the beef is ready better go tend to them and leave the MB concerns for a little a bit . regards Flinny