DAMN IT >.<

Chat about anything and everything.
Vampyric

Thanks guys! Everytime you post.. My wallet gets lighter..

I'll let you know what comes out of the mechanic :)
CHooKMaN

You're gonna have to start getting dirty fingernails doing your own mechanicals I think... :D
Vampyric

I know.. And I have really long nails, that I pay a fortune for! They may have to go..

But, I bought the MB to learn, and learning I am!!
Brokenshire

Don't jump in the deep!! The guy i bought my MB from sold it cheap beacaue of overheating, he couldn't find the problem and he checked all the above. All it was was a disconected radiator fan. wired my own switch into the cabin and it was fixed. until i forget to turn it off... but then the problems a flat battery!
Psi_Wagon

yeh me to, both mine run between 1/4 and 1/2 on a hot day.
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305
mowog

mine barely ever reads over warm and I know the gauge works because the wire fell off the radiator fan sensor and the fans did not turn on, with the result i was stuck in a traffic jam on 100 deg day and watching the steam coming out of the bonnet.. gauge was working then!
ToranaGuy

My boy seems to run about 1/2 way up the temp gauge with the F8b 800cc engine & about 1/4 to 1/2 with the F5a depending on the weather. I expect the larger engine to run a bit hotter with the same sized radiator.

Vampyric -> The mighty boy isn't a very complex beast when it concerns the mechanical's or even the electrics, with the help of this forum i'm sure you will be able to get it running properly & keep it on the road. I'd be very lost without this forum. I'm a Network Engineer for a small IT company, but i've found that with some tools, some patience & time, not to mention the Tamon forum, i've so far been able to tend to any issues with my mighty boy, including rebuilding a F8b & swapping that in! It needs another rebuild soon tho. It never ends with the 'boy. :lol:

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
mowog

Torana guy I don't know what some of you guys do to your boys, I hardly ever lift the bonnet on mine except to check the oil and water. it doesn't give much trouble at all.
ToranaGuy

mowog wrote:Torana guy I don't know what some of you guys do to your boys, I hardly ever lift the bonnet on mine except to check the oil and water. it doesn't give much trouble at all.
I let my g/f drive it for 3 years! It all started when she checked the oil & left the cap off. Starved the engine & the work has never ended. :lol:

It was tidied up & put on the road when i got it, but it wasn't a ground up rebuild, so there was always something that would need doing down the track. That's why i'm being so patient with my panel van project, i want it in great shape not just good shape so all i have to do for a rather long while is just service it once in a while. :cool:

It's not been driven for a couple mths now, except around the block every couple of weeks to make everything rotates.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Brayden

mowog wrote:Torana guy I don't know what some of you guys do to your boys, I hardly ever lift the bonnet on mine except to check the oil and water. it doesn't give much trouble at all.
Agreed! When I got my MB as my first car I barely knew how to check the oil, and it lasted me years - including being used as a pizza delivery hack. It didn't let me down once.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:
Agreed! When I got my MB as my first car I barely knew how to check the oil, and it lasted me years - including being used as a pizza delivery hack. It didn't let me down once.
You guys must not had read the part about my g/f driving it for 3years! If it was me driving it, i wouldn't have 2/3rds the issues with it.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
Vampyric

Well..
:oops: It seems like I may have been at fault.. It didn't occur to me to check the water.. And It may have been low. We refilled the radiator the day it over heated and it's still full..

I took it for a small drive on teh weekend through Flynn.. Got to a small but steep hill.. and it was that slow I was worried that it would start to roll backwards.. BUT, teh temp didn't go above 1/3.. it was only a small drive though.

I think there are two problems:

1. I am still learning how to drive stick (I've got the basics and the theory, but little practice)
2. I need a bigger engine.. (Brayden.. has Special Ed had his upgrade? SELL ME THE ENGINE!)

Thanks for all your imput guys!
Brayden

Back when my ute had the standard F5A I drove over Spalding Street in Flynn every day to college and it would sit on 50 or more... me thinks your ute needs a good tune-up!

Sorry, but the amount of time i have spent polishing engine parts on Special Ed's new motor it will be getting installed and not sold off! :)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.