Rear Sway Bar & Drum Brakes MKI Swift swap to MB

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:Space saver to the rescue!
Because it's so narrow? It's a thought i might look into.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
ike849

no chance of fitting a 12" with those risers on the axle plates.....and modifying them would defeat the purpose of a fairly straight swap that looks factory...

mitsubishi lancers a few years back had the same stud pattern as us, so maybe there space saver might be worth a look....
ToranaGuy

ike849 wrote:no chance of fitting a 12" with those risers on the axle plates.....and modifying them would defeat the purpose of a fairly straight swap that looks factory...

mitsubishi lancers a few years back had the same stud pattern as us, so maybe there space saver might be worth a look....
Fair enough man. Mitsu lancer space saver spare is added to my "wish list" for the next time i visit a wrecking yard lol.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
ike849

just did the 3-leaf conversion to the MB.....I had forgotten that I had the 2inch lowering blocks in there :roll:

so those swift axle plates with risers may indeed fit under 12inch rims (without the lowering blocks)
[url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ike849/][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/per_gall.gif[/img][/url]
ToranaGuy

ike849 wrote:just did the 3-leaf conversion to the MB.....I had forgotten that I had the 2inch lowering blocks in there :roll:

so those swift axle plates with risers may indeed fit under 12inch rims (without the lowering blocks)
Interesting, i will have to look into this, but i'll probably be running lower blocks on mine soonish anyway.

Cheers

ToranaGuy