Different dash style

Chat about anything and everything.
MGirl x 3

Tez wrote:My... That's an early one - what a pearler of a project though... Nice and original except it seems - for the seats which look to be very nicely re-trimmed...

I'd be doing that car up as bog standard as I could - it will be worth real cash money one day...

Cheers
I forgot to add that she is a 1986 model.
Just a mum who has found another passion other than her kids....."Mighty Boys" :)
Dave

It's different, you don't see too many of that model MB getting around, not up here anyway.

Like Tez said, it would be a good project to restore as close to original as possible.

Cheers
Dave
MGirl x 3

Dave wrote:It's different, you don't see too many of that model MB getting around, not up here anyway.

Like Tez said, it would be a good project to restore as close to original as possible.

Cheers
Dave
Thats my intention...I'm not much into all the glam and speed side of things, just want them to be what they were. Just need to find some info on this particular model.
Just a mum who has found another passion other than her kids....."Mighty Boys" :)
Dave

Thats my intention...I'm not much into all the glam and speed side of things, just want them to be what they were. Just need to find some info on this particular model.
Well, you've come to the right place! There's a ton of info on MB's, hatch's etc on here. I myself don't know too much about mighty boys, but theres a few regular users who could tell you pretty much anything you want to know about them :)

Cheers
Dave
Brayden

That is a grey import Series 1 MB - If you're looking for a list of differences:

- Round headlights
- Different grille
- Mirrors mounted on the doors rather than in front of the windows
- No chrome roof bars
- 10" wheels and drum brakes
- Dashboard the same as the SS80V Hatch

These utes are very rare, but not worth anything more because they have inferior brakes.
Any chance you want to sell the grille?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Dave

Drum brakes all round? Surely they could be upgraded to a later model front disc setup... :NFI: Unless of course you wanted to keep it all stantard.

Cheers
Dave
MGirl x 3

Brayden wrote:That is a grey import Series 1 MB - If you're looking for a list of differences:

- Round headlights
- Different grille
- Mirrors mounted on the doors rather than in front of the windows
- No chrome roof bars
- 10" wheels and drum brakes
- Dashboard the same as the SS80V Hatch

These utes are very rare, but not worth anything more because they have inferior brakes.
Any chance you want to sell the grille?
I figure what is the point in upgrading the bakes, she does not weigh much, not going to be a speed machine, just going to use her as maybe a run around here etc if that at all. She deserves to stay how she was made and will form part of my MB collection. Who knows one day if she is part of a collection it may be all worth it, $ wise. Sorry but I'll need to keep the grill......lol Thanks heaps for your help and look forward to hearing from you re my projects. :)
MGirl x 3

Dave wrote:Drum brakes all round? Surely they could be upgraded to a later model front disc setup... :NFI: Unless of course you wanted to keep it all stantard.

Cheers
Dave
Yes Dave that is what I want to do......am I crazy.....lol
Dave

Not crazy at all, I'd do the same thing if i had a pretty rare MB too. :)

Cheers
Dave
Billie

Brayden you can add they had a external regulator for the alternator like the hatch.
╔═══╗ ♪
║███║ ♫
║ (●) ║ ♫
╚═══╝
MGirl x 3

Dave wrote:Not crazy at all, I'd do the same thing if i had a pretty rare MB too. :)

Cheers
Dave
Thanks heaps Dave :)
Dave

Just had a look at the pic's of your MB's in the facebook link, nice little collection you have going there! :)

Do you plan on fixing them all up or are you just using some for parts or?

Cheers
Dave
MGirl x 3

Billie wrote:Brayden you can add they had a external regulator for the alternator like the hatch.
Thanks Billie for your imput :)
MGirl x 3

Dave wrote:Just had a look at the pic's of your MB's in the facebook link, nice little collection you have going there! :)

Do you plan on fixing them all up or are you just using some for parts or?

Cheers
Dave
Going to do them all.......help :-o The one with the canopy....yuck, its going, lol, is rebuilt re all running gear, just need to respray, Quote so far $1200, already registered, interior good, done. MB 1, I am waiting on a price re soft top or converting back.....it has a huge sunroof in it and has no strength....some back yard job I suspect, she goes to. And my rare auto....well you know my views on that one.....lol. No parts parted with on the triplets, as I call them, lol. Have some parts now in collection that are starting to take over the office. Family think Im mad...."why mum are you keeping panels, grilles etc in the house......lol We have a shed for that".....If I had my complete way they would be sharing the bedroom as well.....hubby might crack at that one I suspect......lmao. Thanks Dave :)
Psi_Wagon

haha you sound like me, every room in my house has parts in it, my shed is full!
http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=180305