G13B into Mighty Boy?

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
Brayden

ToranaGuy wrote: There's been talk of modifying the drivers side rail for fitment,
Pretty sure the talk is about modifying both rails. From my best estimate the G13B is on the slim side of 3" too wide, and you won't accommodate that without hacking both rails.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
jeff

:idea: Howdy to my way of thinking it would surely be easier to modify a GTI to resemble a ute .What is the weight difference between swift and MB (about 120kgs) some cutting and sheet metal work could probably level that out giving you the stats your after, maybe not the looks but ,just a thought.
Brayden

Easier again would be to make a fibreglass hard top for a Swift convertible to make it a ute. 8)
jeff

Any pictures available for this swift convertible
Brayden

jeff

Thank you for that Brayden, Hmm has that been done ( Swift to UTE, sorry for getting side tracked) cheers
Brayden

Yes it has, I might have a pic or two somewhere.
ceej

End of the day, you are left with a Swift, not a MightyBoy so that defeats the purpose! And besides, doesn't the vert come with a G13BA?
Garry. Nuff sed!
jeff

No denying its not what its about, but it is interesting , cheers
Last edited by jeff on Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
toy550

The convertible swift does come with the G13BA. I have a convertible swift but have changed all the running gear to the swift GTi.
I agree with Ceej at the end of the day, it is a swift and not a mightyboy.
ToranaGuy

Brayden wrote:
ToranaGuy wrote: There's been talk of modifying the drivers side rail for fitment,
Pretty sure the talk is about modifying both rails. From my best estimate the G13B is on the slim side of 3" too wide, and you won't accommodate that without hacking both rails.
I did say in my post about modifying the passenger side rail as well & the gearbox to make it fit......

When i look into the engine bay of my 'boy, i don't see how the G13 fit without modifying both rails & then gearbox case mods as well. I'm sure there's lucky to be 10mm between the pulley's & the rail on the drivers side!

I did have an engine bay pic of the G13 in the boy, it was a dark blue one iirc. I also believe the battery, windscreen washer & carbon canister made their way to other area's of the ute, from memory of the pic.

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|

bump bringin this back up

I think a rwd engine setup as done by some others on this forum would be the only logical solution to a 4 cylinder g series hatch or MB. G13b bottom and g16b head.

If you use the Ford DIS you eliminate the dizzy,
Vitara manifold with sohc g16b head eliminate the rear water outlet,
also sohc 16v head flows more and easy room on both sides,
carry rear end diff bolt straight up, Better again would be all alloy Winters diff.
suzuki sierra box sits narrow and tall so need tall tunnel made,
Side mounted radiator should fit on the inlet side as there is now
heaps of room.
Brayden

Heaps of room? :? By my measurements the block would barely fit north/south in the engine bay, no way would there be room for the bellhousing without fabricating a new firewall + transmission tunnel and finding some way to replace/relocate the heater box.

I think that the running gear from a Cappuccino would be the way do go, using a SuperCarry diff/axles.

End of the day just using a 4WD Alto works setup would be the more straightforward option for better traction.

Oops forgot to mention the firewall :D
Youd definately need a new tunnel and modded firewall but the heater is easily replaced with a falcon xp unit replacing the glovebox area.
A rwd hatch or MB is heaven sent with a 4 cylinder but a g10 inline 3 wouldnt be bad either with boost however the a G series inline 4 has so much more potential.
Even a suzuki bike engine would be a nice little package.
ToranaGuy

A G10 in RWD, now that's an idea..... hrmm, could be fun, but i wonder how legal it would be?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|