Cars a mighty boy can beat!

Chat about anything and everything.
Colin

got blown off on monday night ....by my missus
fair enough she was driving my commodore VN V8 worked.....doh
MORE BEER! :beer:
Munchskinman

Colin beaten by a girl :lol: just joking mate im sure you would of gotten her if you had the extra 5 cylinders :P

Edmund take on more variety of cars 2. I took on a mitsubishi van last night woooo it was funny. i thought i was winning until i found out it had nos or something the thing just hot off like it was on steroid petrol would of easily taken on a gts-t skyline.
ToranaGuy

ROFL @ this thead, very funny stuff. I don't think i've ever had the chance to try and drag anyone in my mb, but i'm sure they will eat me, then i'll come back with my EB GT mockup and eat them if their car isn't too worked. :D Altho i do love passing VL turb's and skylines on the fwy, @ 110 or so kph, mb screaming for mercy. :twisted:

That's the one real issue with a Mighty Boy, in stock f5a form they are not very mighty in the Kw and speed stakes. Altho i'm sure a turbo f8b with a cam and so forth would be a fun and fast car to drive. If you could get 50KW or more at the wheels that's a pretty good power to weight ratio.

One day i'd love to slide in about 800cc or even more, a 5spd and a nice turbo and take it to calder park for a laugh.

Anyone have an official time sheet for a turbo'd mighty boy?

Cheers

ToranaGuy
It's update time MB Parts list! send part info to toranaguy74@optusnet.com.au|
jono

well, my boy had it's first drag ever lol - my mate has a hiace van - with a rebuilt engine (2.0L). he wanted to drag me all year in 2005 but i told him my F5A wouldn't stand a chance...........
now, with my F8B it was time :twisted:
red light to red light drag-no faster than 70 but had him pretty easy :D although his excuse was "i missed the start"
fair enough, so we had a re-match. at lights on corner he had inside lane - yet agin hte mighty boy pulled through :D his escuse this time" i over-revved and didn't shift in time" :roll:
we will have to drag for a kilometre or so to settle the scores i think.

ah, i love my mighty boy :wink:
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
ceej

Good work man, Last night i blew off a hilux. It was fun, untill i nearly ran out of road, oh well. :D
Garry. Nuff sed!
Munchskinman

got blown off by a rx7 saturday night i kept up until he got traction :x
jono

lol, mighty boys are so much fun. even when the people next to you have no idea the litle thing will leap off the line like it's been bitten on the arse.
like the other day... at a set of lights two lanes go into one after the lights. there was a long trail behind me at the red then this lady pulled up in this vy acclaim V6 or sumthin. i said to my gf " i bet this lady thought when she saw the MB, 'ah, no probs". well, lights went greeen and i was off. just as the lanes slowly conveged into one i heard the roar of the V6 behind me and she got past :x

lol, i know theres's no hope in going up against one for real (unless your col :lol: or brayden :lol: ) but it's heaps fun surprising ppl.

oh yeah, my F8B is completely stock.... can't wait to get exhaust system and bigger carby :P
Speed Limited: I'm Pedalling as Fast as I Can
1987 Mighty Boy
Injected F8B (love it!)

http://www.freewebs.com/fitre/
10WER

i remember about a year ago, we were crusing round in a mates VR calais on 19's with 140Db stero cranking at the lights untill this KF 4dr sedan rocked up beside us, full sleeper look, it had like every panel a different colour, as we take ff, not racing or anything, next thing he give it a bit of gas, so we start a race at the next set of lights and what we didn;t relise the dam thing had a GTX familia BPT engine in it, with roughly 150kw at the front treads, we gassed it, snapped it into 2nd with minimal tyre spin, this laser launched hard with full tyre spin no jokes, we were well ahead of it and next thing we here this bloody spooling noise and this thing went like a Zyrtec past us and were like WTF? and it was still in 2nd aswell, that night we ended up spinning a yarn and ever since that night i have had a passion for Lasers, but i plan on having a MB that eats shit over a commodore.

moral point of the story there is none, just get off the line as fast as you can with minimal tyre spin to show these V6 what us fast 3's are (and fours)
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Mighty-spc-Boy.png[/img]
niiko

Raced a mates vr v6 commodore, i was infront till about 80+ where he caught up and started to pass very slowly. Oh and my clutch was sliping at the end of all the gears and on the shift....
Brayden

Niiko, what motor are you running to pull that off?
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Whitty

An imaginary one I would reckon.......with a slipping clutch..... :bullshit:
10WER

my mates beamer is running on hopes and dreams and about 600kg lighter without it shit engine.....
[img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style3,Mighty-spc-Boy.png[/img]
niiko

I run a f5a turbo, 12psi, ihi turbo with a larger exhaust wheel, wolf 3d ecu, 2 1/2 inch mandrel exhaust, and a shitty 800cc 4 speed box, with a new standard 800cc clutch and pressure plate.
when i have some spare time i want to put my 5 speed box in, havent done so yet as i need to get drive shafts made.
eDave

Sounds sweet, Niiko! :D
Brayden

niiko wrote:I run a f5a turbo, 12psi, ihi turbo with a larger exhaust wheel, wolf 3d ecu, 2 1/2 inch mandrel exhaust, and a shitty 800cc 4 speed box, with a new standard 800cc clutch and pressure plate.
when i have some spare time i want to put my 5 speed box in, havent done so yet as i need to get drive shafts made.
Nothing wrong with the F8B box, in fact you'll probably find that the ratio of 4th is not much different to 5th in the F5A 5 speed. ;)

This clutch thing worries me a bit though, I have zero slippage on 7PSI but wonder what will happen when I push 10 this weekend. :ohnoes:
(The fact that you're beating V6 Commos with a slipping clutch does make me feel better about the performance I have though!)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.