F6A Intake Manifold - Fuel Rails! Plz Read!

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
boosted_alto

Hey mates,
I am serious on that Megasquirt project. So, tell me, wud an F6A intake manifold fit onto and F8B? Plus what abt the fuel rails and stuff?

Are they bolton to the F8B? cuz I heard the Exhaust Manifold is a Bolt-on but what abt the Intake mAnifold.

Plus what are your speculations on me finding an intake manifold from an F6A or F8C?? and for how much?
hatch4play

i have know idea if the f6a stuff will fit but it would expensive to do and would end up cheaper doing a engine conversion! Beacuse you would need to modify your existing manifold, i know a few ppl that have done it. its not easy nor is it cheap but in simple form you can add extra aluminium to the existing manifold where you want your injectors to go into the manifold and where the fuel rail bolts down to hold injectors in place, have the holes machined into the manifold for injectors(most are sealed by a o'ring around the base of injector and held tight by the fuel rail) and the holes and threads taped for the bolts to hold fuel rail. The manifold would then need to be cut down at the end(i don't know what to do with the coolant line?) Then it is a matter of working out the exact size plenum chamber to build and if neccesary runners may have to be lengthened to mate to the plenum chamber and manifold then making a flange so a throttle body mates to it, etc etc also be aware if you don't get the plenum chamber the right volume or the runners the right length you may very well lose power!!
hatch4play

sorry that is if the other manifolds don't bolt up!
boosted_alto

Thanx for your Ideas mate.

As I Discussed with brayden, the idea of the F6A is a NO NO!!

And the fabrication of a custom manifold is not good for the F8B. Cuz of the water pockets or something which wud be hard to replicate.

So, Brayden suggested that I modify the original intake to take the injectors and stuff.
Brayden

Yeah, I can see no reason that a barrel plenum couldn't be made to bolt on where the carby would normally be - then mount the TB to that.

The injector bungs could also be drilled and welded to the ends of the intake runners.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
boosted_alto

Ya, modifyin the existing manifold to take up an EFi setup wud be better than fabricating the whole shit frm scratch.

Brayden, can you suggest which injectors should I use? I can get injectors from a Hyundai Santro which is 999cc Inline 4 Multipoint Injection Engine...Or else from A charade EFi Turbo engine..

But I suppose the charade ones will not be appropriate as my car would be NA and those would flow too much. So, should I go for three injectors from a Santro? Do let me know.
Brayden

Any injectors from a 1L turbo car will be fine. The operational flow rate isn't determined by the injector, the ECU looks after that.
So in most cases the bigger the better, because all injectors have a maximum flow rate (duty cycle) and once you exceed that then your engine will lean out.
mowog

The water jacket is only there to allow water to warm the mixture for quick warmup in very cold climates. If you are not in a very cold climate I see no reason why you could not simply block off the water ports. that would simplify the manifold.
Cars went for years even in very cold climates quite happily without water jackets. thats what the choke is for.
boosted_alto

well, err....I didnt know they were for quick warmup, thought they were for cooling... :lol:

So brayden, what do ya suggest? Cuz in my country, the max cold temperature wud be -2 C, and thats not cold, no snow or shit in my area..

Besides, the Fast Idle valve in the megasquirt system would be there for a stable warmup. So, what do you say, should I make one custom manifold like the one I showed ya a few days ago??

Cheerz!

P.S : I keep tellin ya all, custom Fabrication is way too CHEAP here...
Josh

Nooo... Your radiator is there for cooling! :wink:

The moderately warmed intake manifold assists in the atomisation of fuel into the fuel/air mixture.
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
hatch4play

yeah but that was back in 1981 when they thought it worked, it has been since proven that the colder you can get the air and fuel into the engine the bigger bang thus more power! so yeah i would fork the water galleries of in the manifold for sure. plus you are going to have injectors which atomise when squirted out at high pressure.

jimbo
Brayden

Okay then mowog, if he builds a manifold without water ports and a thermostat housing, how will the water get from the head back to the radiator? Magic? :P
boosted_alto

Simple: Dont put water in the head b4 installin the manifold!! :lol:
stevan_istheman

When i did the first plugs and points change on my MB 2 out of 3 of the spark plugs were so dirty with carbon there was no gap, and the car still ran!
See, magic
:wink:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
hatch4play

stevan_istheman wrote:When i did the first plugs and points change on my MB 2 out of 3 of the spark plugs were so dirty with carbon there was no gap, and the car still ran!
See, magic :wink:
What tha?

Anyway Yeah as brayden said keep your existing manifold and bolt up a plenum to the carb mount! then a throttle body at the end!, you could always try to bolt it straight where the carby went?

Personaly though as i am trying 3 carbs on mine i am going to have to make up a inlet manifold flange with threads where the water galleries go and screw some fittings in and run them to a thermostat housing and back to the radiator(somehow, it won't be easy but this is how my mate did it and works fine(his is not a suzi). damn i keep drawing little pictures of how to do it and i cant post them damn i forget every time. i just drew a pic and spent about 30mins on it :(