Interior almost done :)

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
hatch4play

Hey guys,
Thought i would post some of the things i have accomplished with my hatch on my week off. Its a 800cc 81 4 speed hatch.

* Stripped the interior bare! (underlay and everything apart from wiring)

* Vaccumed and degreased the interior using a brush to get the stubborn crap out(note you have to push out all rubber bungs and use towels afterwards to mop up water where it can't get out, also put wiring connectors into plastic bags and tape around wiring)

* Painted on 3 liters of sound deadener throughout the car (did this on everything bar doors"i will be doing them with stick on stuff" 2 coats on inside of firewall and floors near the bottom of the windscreen i painted matt black and everywhere else the still showed red:) )

* Replaced all underlay and firewall underlay with new stuff :)

* Spent forever cutting and sewing up black automotive carpet (so far i have only done the floor and firewall, bloody mission this sewing crap"i have not done it since school about 10 years ago" and i keep braking needles i think i am going to brake the sewing machine soon) :x

* Installed a heater and blower unit i got out of another hatch :) works grande

* Bought a kenwood cd player and some jvc 6 1/2" 3 way speakers, i have mounted this in a centre console from a ford laser (the top meets the bottom of the dash perfect and the rubber gear boot fits great"takes alot of shift noise away too :)" Only problem was i had to buy a plastic tray insert to go under my cd player as the centre console has a huge stereo in it normally)

* Painted by seatbelts with black VHT colour dye paint (they look brand new again)

* Modified my boss kit to suit my hub and have it mounted feels nice and snug.

* Put brighter blobes in my instrument sluster and painted the inside silver instead of white(it reflects alot more light out around the dials now)

* Bleed all my brakes and got them nice and firm not rock solid (had lots of white old fluid shit coming out) buy a 1 man brake bleeder from supercheap they work great :)

* Ok i bought all new wheel bearings and seals for front cv's last week tried to fit the bearings and could not get the front hubs of (do i have to remove the driveshafts to get the hubs off?)

anyways i am boring myself now even + i got to go back out and keep working on my beast :) slowely getting there should have the interior all finished in about a month then for the body work and paint :(

Hey if anyone can tell me how to post pics or where to get the hosted i will upload pics on the progress.

jimbo
ceej

Sounds awsom mate. I have been on school holidays and have managed to do a fair bit of work that needed to be done on my mighty boy. Yay my drivers door finally closes :lol:

Any way, i think that you can use Photo bucket (clickey) to host pictures. Cant wait to see some. Good work man, and keep working on the beast as you said. :thumbup1:
Garry. Nuff sed!
daronk18

your putting in some time and effort great to see.. some pics would be great :D
CoinSlot

I know how you feel mate! I spent this arvo removing the rest of the factory deadening from the firewall :x Tomorrow I'll be Dynamating inside the rear wheel arches! :-o Pics tomorrow arvo :D
eDave

Don't listen to Ceej,
We have our own gallery.
http://tamon.edave.net/gallery

Register and I'll activate your account.
Brayden

F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
eDave

jinx
hatch4play

awesome i have setup an acount just waiting activation
post pics up as soon as i can :)
jimbo
ceej

eDave wrote:
Don't listen to Ceej,
We have our own gallery.
http://tamon.edave.net/gallery

Register and I'll activate your account.
Im sorry, just trying to help :cry: :oops:
Garry. Nuff sed!
Josh

:slap:
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
ceej

OUCH!!! That hurts wise ass. :lol:
Garry. Nuff sed!
hatch4play

ok here are some pics i get more up soon check out my gallery
ceej

Looking sexy mate (especially that steering wheel ;) ), good job. Cant wait to see the finished product.
Garry. Nuff sed!
eDave

Looks good mate!
But you should link the images with the URL of the image, not the page of the image.
unspecified

wow really impressed escpecially like the centre console, just a few questions, first the sound deadening paint where did you purchase it from? do you think it has really made a difference? was thinking of doing similar but with all sd matting which is alot more work so painting would be heaps better :) and second thing what year model was the centre console out of??

thanks alot in advance keep up the good work