F8b Questions

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
Rhys

Hey all,

How hard is it to do an engine swap from an f6a to a f8b in a 1984 suzuki hatch. Can you please list all the items I will have to buy to make it run nicely and if there are any cheap mods to give them a bit more power.

I know absolutely nothing and engine swapping but amd going to do it due to the fact my f6a runs 40km/h and thats it.

Cheers
Rhys

P.S- I would like to know rougly costs of f8b engine, tranny and other bits and pieces I would need.
Josh

F6A? I think you mean factory F5A mate.

The mounts for the F5A and F8B are interchangeable - you won't need to get any metalwork done or change any of the mounts, however there is an optional second top-of-engine mount that attaches to the driver's side strut tower that you can also mount to reduce vibration and engine-rock.

Essentially all you'll need is an F8B with matching carburettor and an F8B gearbox - the F5A gearbox runs a shorter final drive ratio and will see your F8B revving far harder than required.

Costs of an F8B will vary on condition an inclusion of the gearbox - allow up to $2000 for your engine, box and accessories in new condition.

I'm sure I've left out heaps (3hrs sleep last night), anyone care to fill in the blanks?
[url=http://www.tamon.org/?page=owners&id=10][img]http://www.tamon.org/forum/images/ute_specs.gif[/img][/url]
pony-tail

Your best (and cheapest) method is to buy a wreck or a rust bucket with good mechanicals . An F8B hatch in shabby condition usually sells for $200 to $500 around Brisbane . Check the Trading post the local newspaper and eBay , they come up from time to time . The only catch is that you need some method (a trailer or whatever ) to get it home . The ammount of parts you actually use from such a wreck will surprise you , and you know that everything you need is there .
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden