new turbo on the way if all goes well.. what else do i need

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
n2o_spark

if all goes well i'll have a gt15 turbo very soon, i was wondering with a bigger turbo ( more boost ) are the standard injectors big enough?
my enigne is the f5A dohc turbo. guess that when i get it i can take reading from the injectors themselves. but has anyone done a gibber turbo conversion already than can lend some advice to me and others who may be looking to do the same ?

thanks

n2o_spark
eDave

Defiently upgrade your intercooler and piping.
You would also want to get an EBC or bleed valve, BOV and some brown pants.

That turbo will be a bit laggy down low.. But when it gets on boost.. WAAA WAAAA WEE WAAAA!!
Brayden

GT15 is a bit smaller than the standard turbo on a Subaru Liberty, so Dave's right about the lag, that thing will be a bit unpredictable to drive. I can imagine by the time you've upgraded the intercooler etc that you'll have very little power below 3500RPM, but look out when the boost pics up! :-o

I'd also suggest that if you plan on running that turbo with more boost that upgraded injectors would be a good start, but you would also need to consider aftermarket engine management if you don't already have that sorted. An aftermarket FPR is going to be a must have item.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
n2o_spark

ok.. so what is an EBC or bleed valve? and what purpose do these brown pants have :P ( guessing i'll be shitting myelft from the power rofl )
does anyone know what injectors i can use, any brand and just work out what size ones i need?
oh and whats an FPR ? ( fuel rail? )
hmm... i seems that even though i may have a bigger turbo, i'll want to keep my standard one till i get an ecu :(.

oh well.. i've got a spare standard one and an intercooler to install
( planning on doing when upgrade the turbo)

also, no power below 3500?... well i can handle that i guess, i'll just have to rev and dump the clutch.. :D
stevan_istheman

well i can handle that i guess, i'll just have to rev and dump the clutch..
Traction, what traction? :lol:
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
Brayden

Actually if you're planning on upping the boost noticeably then a stronger clutch will also need to be added to the list.

As for the other stuff, injectors will just be a matter of matching the physical size and resistance of your current set. An EBC is an electronic boost controller - better than a bleed valve.
FPR is a fuel pressure regulator. When upping the boost you need to ramp up fuel pressure as well, otherwise the injectors won't work properly.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
n2o_spark

ah i see. thanks brayden, the clutch is on the way out anyhow so i have to get that rebuilt anyhow.
i've got a boost controller at the moment ( not sure what mechanism it uses )

the gt15 is set to run 14 psi of boost, which is below the 15 psi which you get fuel cut at, so i thought it would still be safe to not bother with injectors and fuel pump / pressure regulator yet.

well i at least i know what i need.

thanks everyone
hatchback of notre dam

hey as long as were on the topic:P, whats the advantage to having like a electronic adjustable boost controller compared to say just a 2 stage boost controller, seeing as the cool digital ones are alot more expensive:(
and is it a better idea to get a clutch rebuilt compared to buying a new one?
mowog

I have never had much luck with rebuilt clutch plates or covers. Spend the extra bucks and go new or get a special made up. I believe Colin had all these clutch probs when he turbod, had to have the flywheel cut down to increase plate pressure and all sorts of other little things. Ask him.
Goofy[HSK]

Where'd you source the turbo?
How much are you paying?
What about manifolds?
Do you like Cheese?>
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Awaiting: Paint, Windscreen, Compliance, Lottery
'89 Alto Works RS/R - Complied, Registrable, Awaiting Paint, Engine not running
www.hillsidekonnection.com
n2o_spark

ebay is where the turbo is.. may the best man win it.... (but i wants it please )
hence if the all goes well i'll have one very soon but if not then i'll have to wait 6 months to save...
and i do like cheese.

about the clutch. i would buy a new one if i knew that the clutches were the same in all F5A's, but suzuki sport no longer have any sport clutches availale so the the best option is to get it recoditioned i think, and have the pressure plates pressure increased at the same time.
hatch4play

if going turbo you deff need a clutch made, i am running 6psi on a rhb32 (tiny) and my 1 month old brand new daiken clutch is fried, two days after fitting turbo ha ha. yeah i can get a custom setup made up here in brisbane for $260 which is a whole kit and includes flywheel machine work. the company build clutches for pac and alot of 9 sec drag cars. the clutch they use is an uprated and modified pulsar/laser clutch. it is not a button clutch so drivability is still there (i am told a button clutch is a huge nightmare on a small engine) i will be getting one made in the next couple of weeks as i cannot accelerate in 3rd or 4th at the moment without my clutch slipping like mad.

jimbo
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
eDave

hatch4play wrote:if going turbo you deff need a clutch made, i am running 6psi on a rhb32 (tiny) and my 1 month old brand new daiken clutch is fried, two days after fitting turbo ha ha. yeah i can get a custom setup made up here in brisbane for $260 which is a whole kit and includes flywheel machine work. the company build clutches for pac and alot of 9 sec drag cars. the clutch they use is an uprated and modified pulsar/laser clutch. it is not a button clutch so drivability is still there (i am told a button clutch is a huge nightmare on a small engine) i will be getting one made in the next couple of weeks as i cannot accelerate in 3rd or 4th at the moment without my clutch slipping like mad.

jimbo
Jimbo.. (anyone?) Would one of those puppies fit on my f6a?
Cheers, mate?
hatch4play

i am sure the company can make one to suit you f6a not a problem, the other option is to get your flywheel machined to suit a off the shelf stronger clutch (that way you can buy them and not wait to get one made in the future)

the company is direct clutch at albian qld the number is 3862 2680
hope this helps
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
eDave

Thanks mate! :)