Has anybody heard of a G10 swift motor in an Alto ?

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
pony-tail

I am at present considering putting a G10 (1 ltr) swift motor in an Alto CA91V hopefully with an Auto (I believe Swift Autos are 3 speed - but not only do I not know much about swifts , I have not seen a 3 cyl Swift up close )
So if anybody has a pic of a Swift 3 cyl in a car it would help . I want to see if the mountings are similar (enough to be modified to fit ) to an Alto .
I know that a Swift motor can be fitted to a Hatch - but it winds up with problems with broken engine mounts - The Alto seems to have a More flexable mounting system , so I am hopefull .
And if anyone knows what years did the 3 Cyl Swifts come out ?
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden
Brayden

Can't help with much, but the G10A was available from 85-94 Swifts. ;)
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
pony-tail

Does it have a three point mounting - like the Alto or is it mounted more like the Mightyboy / hatch system ?
They seem to be cheap at the wreckers (I was looking for an F8B and they offered me one of these )
I have a perfectly good F8B but can not use it in the Alto because it is missing a bolt casting for the rear mount - It does go on but the engine mount wobbles and the car shudders on take off and it would very quickly fracture from flexing.So my F8B is only suitable for a hatch or mighty boy (bummer) and the motor in it is smokey (was alright six months ago , when it was pulled out but is smokey now , it may clear but I have my doubts)
It does not smoke when cold but starts smoking as it warms up about 3 or 4 mins after starting - white oil smoke , even smells oily - worse at wider throttle not much at idle . I can't take it for a decent run as it is not yet registered .
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
CoinSlot

Brayden wrote:Can't help with much, but the G10A was available from 85-94 Swifts. ;)
MK1 models are apparently better for modding as well. At least the head is anyway :wink:

Mounts are like other swift motors so one on passenger side, one at rear and one for box? Maybe...
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
hatch4play

i am pretty sure a g10 goes in a hatch easy, i do belive that that is why there are extra holes in the subframe :) measurements line up too. but in an alto i have no idea.
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
mowog

Most likely the rings have seized up from being idle. Easy fix, pull the pistons and clean all the rings grooves out, or try some benzol, you can buy it from some BP stations, it will soften all the carbon etc and blow it out the exhaust. If you have much gunk in there it will also gunk up the spark plugs. Use about 1 litre per tankful.
pony-tail

I went out today looking for a Swift wreck - The engine mounts are way different to an alto. - - - But I came home with another CA91V with a good motor (other than the interior it is better than mine) looks like I wreck mine to fix it , well put my seats and trim in it - not bad for $350 . Much cheaper - but less exiting than a G10a .
My visions of a G10A turbo Alto now (for the moment) totally Dashed ! :cry:
The motor and box is cheap - but the cost of fabrication , engineer'cert and mod plate winds up just too much to spend on an Alto. I can get an import Alto works for not much more . Although I still believe a Turboed G10A (using a blow through carby and Charade turbo setup ) would have been pretty close with a lot more Torque - an interesting but sadly impractical soloution. Just out of my league , and budget.