my f8b rebuild begins :)

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
hatch4play

hey guys,
just a first post on my re-build of my old f8b.

I pulled down the old beast a few nights ago to find a brand new water pump in new condition, a worn oil pump, 20 though over pistons, cyl 1 piston with broken compression ring. etc. anyways i got a few quotes the next day and was pretty shocked at how cheap the parts are, here is what i have found so far.

I got my 40though over suzi sport pistons and ringset for $185inc gst delivered on friday morning.
I sent my block, pistons, rods, and crank off, got a call so far the price is $85 for boring and honing to 40though, $17.50 a rod for for x-ray and balancing. thats all for now i should get a call on monday to see how much for bearings and if my crank needs machining!

at the moment i can't see how ppl can get away with charging $1600 for a f8b motor rebuild without replacing any engine "extras" like oil pump water pump etc., i am upto $350 with a fair bit of the work done already.

jimbo
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
Brayden

hatch4play wrote:at the moment i can't see how ppl can get away with charging $1600 for a f8b motor rebuild without replacing any engine "extras" like oil pump water pump etc., i am upto $350 with a fair bit of the work done already.
SuziWorld supplied me an engine, rebuilt including a new oil pump, new water pump, bored and honed block, etc etc... $1150. I thought that was good value considering it prevented me from having to lift a finger. :D
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
pony-tail

I have been looking around Brizzie the price is around $1100 for a short motor rebuild (no oil pump) or as high as $1800 for a full reco (cheapest $1600)
The prices are excessive.
I have 2 Ff8B motors to rebuild - one is smokey the other has a knock in the bottom end .
Where did you get your Pistons from ?
I have come to the end of an era After 20 years of Kei cars It is time to move on - And almost time to leave this forum and say thanks to all who have assisted me .
Special thanks to Brayden
hatch4play

pistons are from suzisport and yeah if i didn't mind getting my hands dirty i would have paid $1000 ready to go but for me its just to easy of a job not to do myself, and that way i have piece of mind. as most of you don't know i pulled down my worked motor(which dare i say cost alot of money) a month or so ago to find the standard headgasket was used and because of the overly large bore job the pistons were whacking the headgakset and has worn 3 nice big groves around the tops of my custom pistons. also there was other things. so yeah i think i am going to do it myself this time.

jimbo
[url=http://tamon.edave.net/gallery/v/members/hatch4play/]View My Gallery![/url]
Injected F8B Hatch!
Soon To Be Turbo!
stevan_istheman

Well i've spent a little over $1000 on my F8B at this point in time, we're up to putting the pistons in and bolting the rest together...
Me and my dad are doing it so we can save a bit of cash. :wink:
Just thought i might add that. :D
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.