And then there was 2!

Chat about anything and everything.
CoinSlot

Seeing as I'm hitting up the SQ in Brutus me and my good friend Jake (who dabbles in SPL at the moment) thought it would be good to build a Kei based SPL car as well. He had been going on about this Alto that his dad had in the backyard so I was pretty keen to have a looksie at what we could do with it.

So today we decided we were going to put some paint on it so his mate could borrow it as his car had died. I rocked up to this:

"That be no Alto!", I exclaimed, "That be there a Hatch!"

So it had started. Car number 2 in our team of Suzuki music-oriented beasts. Got into sanding and managed to get a dodgy coat of primer on. As this was our first ever go painting a car we did pretty shit but hopefully the top coats will come out better as we get used to the gun.

That's how it was after a few hours mucking about. We have some Ferrari red for the base and some arctic white for the GT stripes :D

When we start doing the audio once it's back from his mate, I'll be sure to start a thread in the ICE section (I promise the progress will be faster for this car :P)
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
Trevor

Good luck with the new project. Don't forget a guide coat makes it easy to find any repairs prior to painting and put flow coat on the last coats for that off the gun shine (ie thin more on last coats).
CoinSlot

Put some paint on today. Quite fun on a very hot day.

Still needs clear and a buff. It's pretty dodgy but looks heaps better than before. We're fairly happy with the job we have done for a first go.
[size=84][url=http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/CoinSlot/]Gallery[/url][/size]
stevan_istheman

sweet... racing stripes
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.