Towbar pics needed.

MightyBoy tech questions and answers.
gadj

I have found an engineering firm who have tentatively agreed to make me a towbar for my MB.
They seem to be looking to build the north end of the Storey Bridge(Brisbane)
under the poor MB.
So that I can explain what I need, effectively, I need some very good pics of mounting points, brackets & general design.
I have looked at Trevor's gallery but need clearer shots of the mounting points. (email can be provided if file size exceeds gallery limits)
Please & thanks in advance.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Jermaine

http://www.tamon.org/gallery/v/members/ ... le/towbar/

there is some i can take more now iv got it out.. think i may have more on the comp to
Brayden

Jermaine's towbar is probably one of the best designs I have seen.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jermaine

thanx! and it was built by two 17 year olds ha ha
Brokenshire

What is the cost?

Can you ask them if it would be any cheaper for more than one?

I have trailer construction underway and of course a tow bar is one of the hurdels.
gadj

Brayden said
Jermaine's towbar is probably one of the best designs I have seen.
I've gotta agree, its very close to what I had in mind - Hayman-Reese style hitch receiver rather than flat tongue.
I will have to get the right design across to these blokes (they are looking at reinforcing everything - hence my comment re: Storey Bridge)
I will be seeking several prices, might even find somebody willing to do a short production run. There will need to be enough interest & will probably be deposit required but I will keep everyone in the loop.
I am not in a huge hurry yet, I have a deal with mowog to finalize first.
So many delays to getting my MB back in order with 993cc & 5 speed transaxle... neighbor issue gone, donor shell up on rotisserie, new sheds on the way.... another project also..
Brayden

Yeah the only thing I would change about Jermaine's design would be using 2" angle instead of plate steel for the supports under the tray.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
Jermaine

Brayden wrote:Yeah the only thing I would change about Jermaine's design would be using 2" angle instead of plate steel for the supports under the tray.
yeah we just knocked it up using the old man stuff didnt have to buy a thing found all the steel out the back lol, but yeah that would make it stronger, when i pulled it out from the bkack boy i bent one of thoes plates.. no idea how but oh well
Trevor

I knocked mine up out of an old bluebird towbar I had lying around.Will be making a hayman reece style later
stevan_istheman

Hey Gadj,
I've got a towbar on one of my hatches in my back yard if you want to have a look...
I stuck my head under the back of it last weekend and it looks pretty sturdy from what i saw.
Just PM if you're up for a drive down to my place.
Cheers mate.
:wink: Steve.
BAL4 Designs
For all your mechanical design and drafting requirements.
gadj

Thanks Stevan,

Checked the Hatch towbar for fit Yesterday & once I get the tailpipe and numberplate moved a little it will fit my MB. nicely :D . One of the sites I said I would get to you is http://www.ppc.au.com the product is por15.