back seat help

Suzuki hatchback tech questions and answers.
ffr-34k

hey guy,
i've been given a free backseat for the hatch only problem its missing the hinges and brackets.. getting them made is no problem

just need some pics of what they look like and exactly how they bolt in(i'm pretty sure i know where)

also where do the seat belts bolt in

thanks in advance
chris
suzuki hatch brrrr
toy550

these are the only the pics i have.

ffr-34k

thanks heaps TOY550 they at least give me the "finished product" and where the top of the belts and plugs bolt in (and need to be drilled), when i get it all together and install it all will right a guide up,

any one else with some different pics, ideally would be how the seat bolts to the car... like i said i'm missing the hinges for the back of the seat to bolt to the floor and and how the bottom bolts into the floor... i can make it custom to make it work but would prefer to know how it was originally.

will take some pics when i'm doing my engine swap of how i think it goes and the main part i'm stuck on.

thanks
Chris
suzuki hatch brrrr
Brayden

The setup in those pics above is pretty strange. In both the Alto and Hatch I owned, I'm pretty sure the back seat rested on the seat base, and clipped into the two red brackets you can see above the side trims. You could pull pins on the back of the seat and fold it forward.

I'll see if I can dig up some pics.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
ffr-34k

yeah i understand what you mean brayden. 8)
i currently have it in the car with the back seat clipped on at the top (red brackets)and the bottom seat just resting on the floor neither are bolted to the floor as yet
suzuki hatch brrrr
MACA69

Hey Brayden
When you say the back rest sat on the bottom part how does the bottom part stay still?
I'm putting the turbo rear seat that Toy550 sold me and I have made up hinges for the back rest. The bottom part clips into two slots in the floor but at the rear of it there is two loops that are in line with the hinges but don't seem to bolt to anything, and don't sit close to the brackets to bolt too them . There is a hole underneith each captive nut hole where the back rest bolts too, but these other holes don't have captive nuts and no way of reaching them from behind.
Any way of showing or explaning how these seats are supposed to be fitted. I have been given the red type catches as per the other photos.
cheers David Mc
biscuitsrcool

I am also putting a backseat in my hatch, the seat is in but installing legal seatbelts is a sight issue. Any tips from someone who has done this oh ow to do it? :?: :?: :?: :?:
My family car:
[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj261/biscuitsrcool/020907-0002.jpg[/img]
biscuitsrcool

anyone else got any pics on how they installed the seatbelts into the backseat?

thatd be great for all us whom are unfamiliar with seatbelt installation

cheers
My family car:
[img]http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj261/biscuitsrcool/020907-0002.jpg[/img]
Brayden

Because there are no factory mounting points you will need to talk to an engineer about the best place to fit the seatbelts... and get a mod plate for them.
F8B EFI turbo - Three pots and a snail.
biscuitsrcool

there are little dimples on the back pillar, is that where it is suggested that the seatbelts are mounted, if not what are they for??
My family car:
biscuitsrcool

I recently got the backseat in my hatch approved and now have the mod plate. would it be useful if i uploaded some pics of the finished product? Would this help anyone when fitting the seat and seatbelts. i wont bother if noone is interested
My family car:
ffr-34k

asfar as i see it any information i s good info i stiill havent finished my yet
suzuki hatch brrrr
Alto Guy

yeah chuck some picks up, I've just bought a hatch that had a really dodge rear seat install so i put a parcel tray in it, but I've got a good condition rear seat i might put in it one day
biscuitsrcool

KK well here goes
The seatbelts are klippan and were purchased from repco, they are extra short ones with and the buckle strap is 7.5cm long, the backing plates were also bought from repco.

it took a while to get the belts right, the seat is simple with only two bolts holding it in place

The top of the seatbelt (non-retractable) was placesd where on my car there was a tiny dimple(near the back window opener). this may be just a wierd characteristic of my car but it was in the same place on both sides. A 3mm thick 10cm long backing plate needs to be behind the bolt (im in qld not sure about other states). Looks like this excuse the bad autodesk inventor work (u get the point).

ImageTHAT SHOULD BE A 10CM NOT MM

Some string about 2m in length was attached with masking tape to the plate. the strig was fed up so that the plate could be staight , there is a fuel vapour line (or similar brayden will know!!!!) that runs through the non-drivers side (you dont want it to be squashed). The final product was this:

Next, the bottom bolt was put in through the wheel arch:

The next and final place was the buckles, to do this the spare wheel needs to be removed so you can get the plates in the right place,

and thats it
the final product:

sorry about the grainy pics, no camera available today, if anyone needs further detail i can take better pictures that arnt taken with my phone, just tell me if u need

hope this helps all the people wanting to make their hatch into a fully funtional family car!
Last edited by biscuitsrcool on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My family car:
ffr-34k

cheers mate thanks for putting that up maybe we can turn it into a pdf doc for the site.. i'll give my seat belts ago in a few weeks after i do the clutch
suzuki hatch brrrr