WTB: Alto Works F5A FWD Gearbox

For all your Suzuki wants and needs
gilly

Rather than rebuilding, my mechanic and I have decided we will just source a new gearbox, and slip that in.

Does anyone have one of these available?

Its for a 1988 Alto Works RSX (F5A FWD). Would may even consider an engine package (eg I'd buy gearbox and engine) or even a front cut depending on price.

If you do have one, or know of one for sale, please contact me on 0413898203 or simongill75@hotmail.com

Thanks!
1988 Suzuki Alto Works RSX F5A Gearbox - FOR SALE!
hongster

do you know if a f6a turbo fwd box will fit ???????

anyone else know???? i understand all f series engines/box's have the same pattern, but dont know if the shift cables mounts etc will align up.

if so i guess we could arrange something???
gilly

I really have no idea, but also something I would like to know. I'll ask in my other thread that I started.

Are you in Adelaide by any chance? And is yours from the 89+ alto works?
hongster

yep adelaide boy...

no idea on where its from (ie model/year) but ive got my eye on a cheap eng+box package (not front cut)

its fwd so itll bolt up but i dont know about anything else.. might have to google it or ask someone with alot of info about them (brayden), maybe suziport or suziworks in adelaide jacobs cresent holden hill, they know alot about suzuki ALOT... even helped my mate with parts coz he's put a turbo gti engine in a sierra..

but if i can get it cheap then you can get the box even cheaper...
(if it fits that is) let me know how you go, and get back to me

how does $250-300 sound??????????????
hongster

sorry mate just rang up to see if was still there and they sold it a few weeks ago............... dam it i never knew these engines are so popular, argh oh well next time ill buy straight away rathar than sitting on my arse thinking if it was a good deal!! idiot

soory mate, but if you do end up getting a front cut hit us up as i wouldnt mind a f5a or f6a or even a k6a eng...
gilly

ah bugger.

Where is suziworks on Jacobsen Cresent? I live in the next suburb over (Dernancourt) and never knew there was a suzuki wrecker on that street (Ive already called Adelaide Jap, Jaustech).

I'm cool with buying a half cut and selling the rest of it to you (or the other way around). We just need to find one of them! How much did the engine/box package you were thinking of buying sell for?
gilly

still looking!